REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
COUNTRY - Kosovo
NAME OF PROJECT- Financial Sector Strengthening Project,
IDA Credit No. 6416-XK
Project ID No.165147
ASSIGMENT TITLE: Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist
Reference number: 06/CS/IC/2021
For the purpose of strengthening the monitoring and evaluation framework, KCGF is looking to hire a qualified Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist.
The Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund (KCGF) is an independent legal entity established by its law, to help meet the need for increased access to finance for micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in Kosovo to create jobs, increase local production and value-added services, improve the trade balance, and enhance financing opportunities for MSMEs.
The Government of Kosovo (GoK) has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) in the amount of Euro 22.3 million (USD 25 million equivalent) through the Financial Sector Strengthening Project, expected to be implemented within a three-year period. The Project aims to assist the GoK to improve access to finance for Micro, Small, and Medium Sized Enterprises by strengthening the financial and technical capacity of the Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund (KCGF). For the purpose of strengthening the monitoring and evaluation framework, KCGF is looking to hire a qualified Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist.
Description of work responsibilities:
The Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist is required to support the KCGF for further improving the scope, timeliness, and quality of reporting by partner banks, assist in upgrading internal processes, and preparing evaluation reports in the field of credit risk and in the financial sector in overall. The evaluation and monitoring specialist will provide up-to-date, reliable quantitative and qualitative information by collection and modeling of data. The models prepared would be based on internal and external empirical data, that aim to support KCGF with key information on risk in portfolio level, that would support decision making in KCGF.
The KCGF relies heavily on reporting from partner financial institutions hence the evaluation and monitoring specialist will provide support to build a methodology that will enable the institution to detect well in advance the reporting errors. Based on the nature of the work the evaluation and monitoring specialist - will propose automatization and increase the efficiency of reporting without harming the quality of information.
The Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Analyze and if needed revise, modify the existing set of reporting packages;
- Support the management in the area of credit risk and impact assessment on improving the required information from third parties, and accordingly increase the efficiency of the reporting requirements from KCGF toward the third parties;
- If needed build standard model/methodologies that will automatize and increase the efficiency of preparing the reports for internal usage and for external parties;
- Critical assessment of the MIS data;
- Analyze internal processes in the area of evaluation and monitoring of institutional performance indicators. Accordingly, if deemed necessary revise and come up with a new methodology for analyzing these indicators.
- If deemed necessary, propose additional control mechanism within internal processes in the area of reporting in order to increase the quality of reporting;
- Assist in preparing reports that would be used for evaluating the performance of the financial sector in Kosovo;
- Establish a monitoring framework to ensure if the realized objectives are deviating from the set objectives.
The Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist will need to meet the following requirements:
- Faculty degree in an area relevant to the assignment, such as statistics, econometry, and economics. Education in applied mathematics might be considered;
- Master’s degree or relevant specialization in the area of the assignment is preferable;
- At least five (5) years of relevant working experience in the banking sector or consultancy related to data analyses.
- Working experience in MIS, in areas related to the financial sector or data modeling and analyses will be considered an advantage;
The skills and competencies that will be evaluated through the selection process are:
- Excellent ability in using Microsoft Excel or other relevant software used for data analyses;
- Ability to analyze data and convey information;
- Ability to build analytic reports and models;
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team;
Period of Performance
The Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist will work on a full-time basis. Contract duration is expected to start on Oct 2021 until the end of the project completion on Dec 31, 2023.
The Evaluation and Monitoring Specialist will report to the Project Coordinator/Managing Director of KCGF and will submit monthly timesheets to account for the actual days worked during the calendar month.
Experienced and qualified individuals will be selected under the provisions of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing (IPF) Borrowers, July 2016, revised Nov 2017 following open competitive selection process.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: 08:0-16:0hrs (Monday to Friday).
Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form or by e-mail, to the address below by; October 12, 2021.
Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund, KCGF
Address: Njazi Alishani No.5
10000, Prishtina, Kosovo,