Recruitment for Chemonics International
Short-term Website Design Specialist
The USAID/Kosovo Economic Governance Activity (the Activity) is a five-year initiative to support Kosovo partners to implement significant reforms that will improve the simplicity, transparency, accountability and efficiency of government operations, strengthen public financial management, and improve responsive public-private dialogue, through adoption and confirmation of self-reliant, inclusive governance processes, ability, and systems. The support will be offered through the following three objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement,
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
The Tax Administration of Kosovo (TAK), with Activity support, developed and published the Integrity Improvement Plan (IIP) on the TAK website on November 13, 2020, detailing TAK’s actions to be taken to build public trust in the institution to foster greater voluntary compliance to, in turn, support domestic revenue mobilization. The IIP identifies areas for improvement that either directly or indirectly support the General Director’s goals to improve TAK’s efficiency and integrity. This includes the use of objective data for performance measurement, risk-based systems, improving communication with taxpayers and increasing transparency, advancing electronic services, and developing human resources.
To improve transparency, TAK plans to increase and strengthen communication mechanisms with taxpayers. TAK can achieve this by implementing open data initiatives, increasing the capacity of TAK’s staff for transparency and communication with taxpayers, updating published information on its website and providing fiscal education for citizens/taxpayers. An important condition for this is a functional, intuitive, and predictable website.
The TAK website serves as the portal for all information and electronic services offered to taxpayers. To improve ease of use, TAK, with the support of the USAID/Kosovo Economic Governance Activity, will review and improve the (1) internal business process for website content publication and (2) website layout and functionality. This initiative will focus on the content, as well as how the information is currently presented within the website, its site map, and the core structure of the website.
The USAID/Kosovo Economic Governance Activity seeks a Website Design Specialist who, with Activity Advisors, will support TAK to review the website content publishing process and website structure/functionality.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant will work closely with long-term Activity advisors and TAK officials to:
- Assess the layout, general content, and accessibility of information on the TAK website, based on insights generated from the analysis of site data and thorough understanding of taxpayer web traffic, and propose modifications jointly with TAK to maximize information accessibility;
- Review the internal business process for publishing information to the website, provide recommendations to the process with a focus on functionality and reducing officials’ discretion on content location, and recommendations for website compatibility with all internet browsers and mobile devices;
- Following the review of the internal business processes, create a standard operating procedure (SOP), with process maps and identification of decision and authority points, for the website information publishing process;
- In close cooperation with the TAK Communications Division and IT Department, develop a sitemap for the TAK website and provide recommendations for future self-sustaining sitemap maintenance;
- Work with TAK relevant departments to build self-sustaining internal systems and protocols that enable continuation of recommendations provided to the institution;
- Conduct a review of existing Ministry of Finance, Labor, and Transfers (MFLT) website layout, general content, and accessibility of information; and provide an action plan that details how the analysis and findings from this scope can be applied/replicated for the MFLT website.
As part of this assignment, the following deliverables shall be produced:
- By September 30, an Assessment Report containing the following:
- A graphical representation (map) of the existing internal business process for publishing information to the TAK website with clearly defined authorities and points of decision; and,
- Assessment of the existing internal business process for publishing information to the TAK website and how it serves audiences.
- By October 15, SOP for the internal business process for publishing information to the website and feed this into a revised graphical representation (map) of the business process for publishing information to the website, in consultation with TAK representatives. Define steps taken to create a sitemap for the TAK website.
- By November 5, an Implementation Report, including:
- Steps taken to support the TAK webmaster to apply the deliverable drafted under No. 2 above and elaborate how these changes better serve audiences.
- Review of existing MFLT website layout, general content, and accessibility of information
- Action plan that details how the SOP delivered under this scope can be applied/replicated for the MFLT website.
- Experience: 5+ years of digital marketing or website management experience. Experience with central or local national institutions preferred. Knowledge of website programming software preferred. Experience with Google Analytics and general knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in web design, digital media, or marketing with a focus on user experience or similar field preferred.
- Language: Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Computer Skills: Good commend of ASP.NET HTML, CSS, WordPress Content Management Systems (CMS), and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Interpersonal Skills: Proven ability to work professionally, constructively, and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including government officials and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance: Strong individual initiative and ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with or without direct oversight.
- Other skills: Superb attention to detail; excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
LEVEL OF EFFORT (LOE) AND TIMING
This assignment is estimated to require up to 40 days of LOE within Kosovo. This work is planned to occur between September 6, 2021, and November 30, 2021, based on a time schedule mutually agreed between the Consultant and the Public Financial Management Objective Lead prior to the commencement of the assignment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to email@example.com by August 17, 2021, no later than 3:00 PM. Please indicate the position title” Short-term Website Design Specialist” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.