- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: COM00000P
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G6
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Vushtrri / Vucitrn
- Posting Date: Dec 17, 2021
- Closing Date: Jan 16, 2022
- Target Start Date: Feb 1, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the management and direction of the Chief of Section, the Senior Programme Assistant provides programmatic and administrative support to the Section:
- Performs research and compiles background material on major programmatic topics, assists in the organization of meetings (identifies participants and provides logistics support) involving local representatives and members of international organizations to discuss issues; writes summaries and reports on the topics discussed and participates in elaboration of projects.
- Submits suggestions for follow-up/improvement at the conclusion of projects. Depending on the project, receives detailed instructions in briefings at the OSCE Mission in Kosovo Headquarters. Adapts project activities to local conditions; ensures that a coherent approach is followed in the geographical area throughout project implementation
- Performs all related support and administrative activities within established time frames. Provides regular written and verbal reports during the implementation phase of the project and a final report at the conclusion of the project; the final report includes a chapter on the evaluation of project activities and detailed suggestions for follow-up and improvement on design and implementation
- Ensures the effective coordination and delivery of all written language services between Albanian, Serbian and English, for programme related documents when required by the Chief of Section or the Department as a whole
- Coordinates and, when appropriate, provides translation services and administrative support to the Chief of Section during meetings, presentations and capacity-building initiatives with any one of the local and/or international interlocutors including but not limited to; all ranks of Kosovo Police and other Public Safety Agencies, Ministry of Internal Affairs,
- Maintains detailed staffing and duty rosters and ensures efficient andeffective coverage for all activities of the Section
- Records and reports to the Chief of Section all overtime, annual leave, and other absences of the section’s local staff
- Proofreads and edits all memos, Requests for Goods, Project Documents and other programme related documents coming from local staff prior to presenting to the Chief of Section
- Performs other duties as require
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education supplemented by administrative project management studies
- Minimum of six year of relevant work experience as programme coordinator and developer with experiences in planning, coordination of office and field based projects; preferably with international organizations or working with governmental structures, local Security and Public Safety institutions
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages, and Project Cycle Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages as well.
- Working knowledge of any of the OSCE languages is desirable
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,246.67 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/ vacancies.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted.
However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by
e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.