- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: MIS000004
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G3
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Nov 8, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 28, 2021
- Target Start Date: Jan 4, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision of Chief of Mission Security, the incumbent will be carrying out the following duties:
1. Carrying out a professional and safe transportation of Head of Mission (HoM) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM).
a) Driving primarily the HoM as well as the DHoM or VIP whenever required, including weekends and holidays, and is responsible for the protection and safety of the assigned passengers, within the limits of his/her duty;
b) Be familiar with the best routes to and from destinations, including to the airports, and be prepared to alter driving routes when traffic/weather conditions warrant;
c) Co-operating and liaising with the Special Assistant to the Head of Mission, the Secretary of the Head of Mission, the Secretary of Deputy Head of Mission and Security Escort and DSS on the agenda of the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission, VIP visitors and ensuring that all the external meetings schedule and driving times between destinations is well-planned;
d) Ensuring that movement control and Situation Centre are informed on time for every movement of HOM/ DHoM vehicle out of Headquarters AoR;
e) Co-operating with DSS and Security Escort for selecting routes that meet security requirements and that the vehicle protective security features are always in proper order;
f) Maintaining the backup vehicle to be used in case needed and the armoured vehicles of the SSD, ensuring the operational readiness in case of changes in the security situation.
2. Being responsible for vehicle maintenance and function of assigned vehicle.
a) Is responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checking oil, fluids, battery, brakes, tyres etc., performing minor repairs, arranging for other necessary repairs through the Senior Transport Assistant; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean;
b) Logging official trips, daily km reading, fuel consumption, greasing, etc., completing the Daily Trip Ticket by entering all required data such as driver's name, destination, daily km, highway tolls, fuel consumption, oil and fluids;
c) Ensuring that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed in case of accident, break down and ensuring that the Sit-Centre is informed on time regarding every movement of HoM's or DHoM’s vehicle outside the duty centre.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal driving training. It is mandatory to have “B” and “C” category driving licence;
- A minimum of two years driving, including driving of armoured vehicles;
- Experience applying knowledge of security issues;
- Experience applying skills in vehicle repair and Defensive Driving; formal training in Close Protection is desireable;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 792.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.