(Closing Date: December 10, 2021)
- Position: RESIDENCE MANAGER/CHEF AT THE U.S. CHIEF OF MISSION’S RESIDENCE
- Open To: All interested candidates/ All sources
- Opening Date: November 29, 2021
- Closing Date: December 10, 2021
- Work Hours: Full time - 40 Hours per week
Work in the evening, on weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Salary: €1,300 per month
Note: The Residence Manager/Chef is employed by the U.S. Ambassador and is not employed by the U.S. Government. As such, the incumbent is not entitled to Embassy-specific or U.S. Government employment privileges.
The U.S. Ambassador in Pristina is seeking an employee for the position of Residence Manager/Chef to work at the Ambassador’s official residence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Residence Manager/Chef ensures the smooth operation of the Chief of Mission Residence (CMR) through management of the household staff, shopping, and preparation of meals and hors d’oeuvres for gatherings and other representational events for the residents of the CMR. The incumbent maintains expense records and accounts relevant to the proper operations of the residence. The incumbent reports directly to the Ambassador, his spouse, or anyone designated by the Ambassador to act on his behalf.
The Residence Manager/Chef’s tasks include but are not limited to:
- Plan, cook, and serve meals that meet the dietary needs and preferences of the employer and family. This will include the preparation and serving of food appropriate for cocktail receptions, buffets, and formal dinners for a various number of guests;
- Serve, and/or act as bartender/butler at times;
- Maintain high standard of hygiene and organization of the residence kitchen area and appliances;
- Assist in official events at other locations such as the Embassy, if/when requested;
- Supervise all official residence employees, including temporary staff hired to work representational events;
- Instruct staff during events such as luncheons, dinners or receptions, and ensure that staff properly execute their duties;
- Oversee the maintenance of an environmentally safe and economical household;
- Maintain detailed household accounting records, maintain inventory of CMR consumables, and present appropriate information, including Official Residence Expense reports, and vouchers to the employer for approval;
- Oversee management of the food items, wine inventory, and cleaning and other expendable supplies, ensuring that official and personal inventories are maintained separately;
- When appropriate, coordinate with Embassy staff when maintenance or repair is required at the CMR;
- This position is available to Kosovo nationals or permanent legal residents, as well as to other foreign nationals with permanent residence permits in Kosovo.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants are selected for appointment on the basis of education, experience, and suitability for the position to be filled.
- The selected applicant is subject to medical and security clearance.
Education: Completion of secondary school and culinary school or professional training required.
Work experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position in a hotel, restaurant, or other professional environment. Event management experience is preferred.
Language proficiency: Level III (Good working knowledge) of English and Albanian is required. Proficiency in Serbian is also desirable.
Skills and Abilities: We are looking for an organized chef and manager with strong interpersonal skills. Cooking and meal planning is only a part of the responsibilities, albeit a very important part. The position is ideal for a chef who also thrives in the "back office" aspect of the business. The incumbent must have an ability to plan, budget, and execute events. Should have basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting; must be flexible and be able to manage events, a household, and staff with a quickly changing agenda. The candidate must also be discrete.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The Employer provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae in English
- A copy of Kosovo ID/Passport or
- Permanent residence/work permit
Individuals interested in this position should submit their application materials by email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.