FLOSSK is seeking a full-time project writer and communications specialist for 6-8 months, with the possibility of extension, to help in communication and project writing.
The person will be responsible for drawing and delivering a communication plan. Will evaluate and improve existing communication channels by finding effective methods to reach stakeholders on social media, traditional media, email, newsletters, etc.
The person will also be responsible for Project and Report writing by working with FLOSSK staff. The person will bring together FLOSSK resources and be able to understand the strong facets and position of FLOSSK and the needs and requirements of donors and stakeholders.
- Draft reports, plans and projects based on inputs from the team
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation
- Adapt writing tone and voice in English and Albanian suitable to the audience being targeted
- Assist in outreach on specific projects on FLOSSK channels of communication
- Write and deliver communication plan
- Ensure FLOSSK is well represented across the web
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Albanian
- Critical thinking
- Proven ability to take a project from ideation to production-ready
- Ability to identify key audiences, stakeholders and partners
- Project management skills
- Experience in project writing
- Experience in journalism is a plus
- Tech skills are a plus
Applicants should submit their electronic application in PDF format, to email@example.com
- Letter of motivation
- References/recommendations (optional)
- Subject of the email: Project Writer and Communications Specialist - FLOSSK
Deadline | Wednesday, 05 August 2020
Notification of short-listed candidates | 07 August 2020
Interviews | 08 August 2020
Expected start date | 15 August 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova (FLOSSK) is a non-governmental organization based in Prishtina established in 2009 to support, promote and develop free and open source software, open and participatory knowledge, education in information technologies through open courseware, and open standards, culture and open society using free communication.
FLOSSK has been involved in bringing Kosovo’s IT community closer to free and open source projects by organizing yearly conferences, workshops, meetups and actively participating in public policy development.