- Work base: Head Office, Tirana, Albania
- Expected beginning of the contract: September 15, 2020
- Duration of the contract: 4 months
RYCO is an intergovernmental organization that stewards and promotes regional, cross-border and intercultural cooperation within and among its six Western Balkan Contracting Parties: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. RYCO’s program focuses on creating opportunities for young people to engage in activities that build mutual understanding and reconciliation in the civic, social, educational, cultural, and sports domains. RYCO initiates and participates in policy making and advocates for reform. It supports the development of a political and social environment that empowers and facilitates youth exchange.
The Project Coordinator is coordinating the implementation of the four-month advocacy project “Better Future Starts with Youth”, implemented by RYCO and supported by German Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The project will support development of new youth information platform (developed through consultations with youth and youth organizations, young journalists and students of journalism), organization of six launching events and six briefings with journalists in the Western Balkans, training program for group of students of journalism from six universities and promotional campaign. In addition to that, the Project Coordinator will take part in other organizational developmental processes such as development of the RYCO Communication Strategy, RYCO Annual Planning etc.
- Coordinates the implementation of the advocacy project “Better Future Starts with Youth”, direct communication with project partners (PR agency, company for technical development of the platform and outsourcing company for procurement and contracting) and beneficiaries in the Western Balkans, and organizes key activities (consultation with youth, six launching events, six briefings with journalists, promotional campaign, training program for students of journalism );
- Monitors the project implementation and reports according to the rules of RYCO and donor;
- Drafts ToR for selection of a PR agency and company for technical development of the youth information platform and takes part in the selection process;
- Secures full visibility of the project according to the RYCO guidelines and in cooperation with the RYCO Communication and Visibility Officer;
- Closely cooperates with the Director of Programs, Program Manager and Local Branch Offices and manages the work of the Project Assistant on a daily basis;
- Takes part in other organizational developmental processes such as development of the RYCO Communication Strategy, RYCO Annual Planning etc;
- Performs other duties related to the RYCO scope of work.
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Social/Public Policy, Social Work or any other relevant discipline;
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in public relations, media and communications and in leading projects roles;
- Experience in event management and organization of promotional campaigns;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environments;
- Good understanding of youth policy and youth work;
- Good understanding of the social/political context of the Western Balkan region;
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks;
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible;
- Proficient command of English;
- Previous experience in youth, intercultural and reconciliation related projects will be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose the following documents to the application:
- Application Form (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for);
- CV (Europass CV format);
- Scanned copy of higher education degree;
- Scanned passport copy;
- One recommendation
The Application Form, the recommendation letter and the Europass CV must be in English. Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfill all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to email@example.com no later than 11 September 2020.