Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title : Project Assistant
- Duty Station : Pristina
- Classification : General Service, G4
- Type of Appointment : Special Fixed term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 14 November 2021
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) is an indispensable part of a comprehensive approach to migration management aiming at orderly and humane return and reintegration of migrants who are unable or unwilling to remain in host or transit countries and wish to return voluntarily to their countries of origin.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent will assist in the implementation of IOM operations in Kosovo, in particular Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) Programme. The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide routine counselling, referral services and support the implementation of the return and reintegration assistance for migrants in line with AVRR eligibility criteria;
- Conduct field visits to the beneficiaries to collect information necessary for the implementation of voluntary return and reintegration assistance, assist in monitoring and evaluation of reintegration assistance provided to returnees;
- Perform administrative work related to the implementation of return and reintegration assistance in accordance with IOM’s procedures and guidelines, including proper documentation of all assistance provided and incurred costs and proper filing of the documentation;
- Assist in tracing in Kosovo families of children identified as unaccompanied minors in AVRR sending countries, in particular contact families and social regional offices and conduct interviews in line with received guidance, prepare reports and encode data in the database;
- Assist in the implementation of activities related to sensitive migration management;
- Assist in development of information materials and ensuring adequate visibility of IOM operations;
- Participate in meetings, seminars and other events as assigned and prepare notes and reports thereof;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator or the Chief of Mission
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Knowledge, experience, and skills related to migration management, protection mechanisms/available referral pathways for addressing individual needs of identified vulnerable categories.
- Thorough knowledge of IOM mandate and activities carried out in the current migration context in Kosovo, especially related to MPA Programme;
- Ability to mainstream protection principles in their work;
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and walks of life.
Fluency in English and Albanian (oral and written). Knowledge of Serbian language is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. • Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. • Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form (klick here to download) and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 14 November 2021 midnight at the latest, referring to SVN 2021/20102 in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 29.10.2021 to 14.11.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.