Programme Analyst, Communications - UNFPA Kosovo
Location : Prishtinë/Priština, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 31-Aug-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : HIV, Health and Development
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : NO-A
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 01-Oct-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : One (1) year, with possibility of extension
Expected Duration of Assignment : One (1) year, with possibility of extension
- The Programme Analyst on Communications is located in Kosovo Office, and reports to the UNFPA Head of Office.
- The Programme Analyst will advise on and assist in developing and implementing the Kosovo Office’s Communications and Advocacy Strategy, including by analyzing relevant political, social and economic developments.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesMajor Activities/Expected Results
- Monitors and analyses the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA’s work, as well as the public perception of UNFPA in the media and general public; identifies opportunities for strategic communications interventions and recommends appropriate action to seize opportunities for increasing visibility for UNFPA, its work and ICPD issues, and to maintain a positive image for the organization;
- Guides internal and external communications aimed at informing and engaging staff and various audiences around the corporate strategic goals and transformative results and the high-level goals of the Kosovo programme;
- Coordinates the development, in collaboration with the programme team, of the Kosovo’s communication and advocacy strategy and action plan;
- Ensures developing and maintaining close collaboration with traditional and social media, as well as with civil society groups and organizations essential to achieving UNFPA’s advocacy and communication objectives;
- Assists in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories, social media content and other advocacy/information materials;
- Coordinates the establishment and content maintenance of the UNFPA website and social media accounts for UNFPA Kosovo;
- Coordinates with concerned programme staff to prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefings and visits of journalists, donors, senior government
- officials and other groups;
- Helps organize and generate public support for special events, including World Population Day and the launch of the State of World Population Report;
- Contributes press clippings to the weekly regional media monitoring report;
- Leads on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, infographics, podcasts, video, audio-visual, etc.) for national, regional and global campaigns, and oversees the qualitative aspects of production (e.g. quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design) to ensure the highest standards and compliance with UNFPA style and policies;
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participates in the evaluation of their impact. Provides feedback to Regional Office and Headquarters on the use and appropriateness of global publications and visual materials;
- Establishes/maintains a repository of communications materials, including written, visual and audio-visual materials;
- Participates in the UN Kosovo Team Communications Group and contributes to planning and implementation of the joint UN Communication Strategy.
- Advises the Kosovo Director, the Head of Office and the programme/project teams in developing partnerships with donor communities and other development partners in support of resource mobilization, including organizing donor meetings where needed, as it relates to visibility and branding.
- Facilitates the programme/project teams to report on results;
- The Programme Analyst on Communications maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the office. Internal contacts include the Kosovo Director, Head of Office, Programme Analysts, Project Managers and the office programme/ technical team and project teams. External contacts include other UN agencies in Kosovo and counterparts in Kosovo programme activities.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN System
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Advanced degree in communications, journalism, public relations or social related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
Prior experience in the field of communication and advocacy on social issues would be desirable.
- Professional experience in programme/ project management would be desirable.
- Experience in public relations, communications and/or journalism;
- Proven ability to plan, design, implement and oversee strategic communications at the organizational level, particular in the social sector;
- Familiarity with the communications, public relations and journalist landscape in Kosovo
- Excellent network of professional contacts within the Kosovo communications/public relations community;
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA agenda, policies and procedures is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Albanian required. Knowledge of Serbian and other minority languages s an asset.
All interested candidates must complete the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11). Without the completed and signed P11 Form, your application will not be considered. P11 Form can be downloaded at http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/operations/jobs/
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the the UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11);
- Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (P-11);
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.