POSITION: PROGRAM MONITORING AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
DURATION: 15 MONTHS (with possibility of extension)
Action for Mothers and Children (AMC), is a non-for-profit foundation with the foremost goal to save the lives of children and improve the health care for mothers in the Republic of Kosovo through developing better systems for the care of pregnant women, and their children.
We believe that every child and mother have the right to a healthy life, regardless of where they are or what means they have. By developing and implementing programs that improve the health care of mothers and their infants, the number of children who die unnecessarily can be substantially decreased. We aim to focus on the development of sustainable, high quality, and capacity building health care programs for mothers and children in Kosovo.
Action for Mothers and Children is looking to hire a Program Monitoring and Communication Officer that will be engaged in the implementation of AMC programs.
The Program Monitoring and Communication Officer will support the overall planning, monitoring and implementation of the programs of AMC. The Program Monitoring and Communication Officer works independently and collaboratively with the stakeholders and AMC staff to plan, manage, monitor and implement activities. Other responsibilities include supporting public relations & communications activities, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with media to promote the achievements of AMC projects.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Strengthen the monitoring and evaluation framework for AMC programs;
- Conduct regular monitoring activities;
- Facilitate small and large group meetings and trainings;
- In cooperation with the PR officer, promote the program achievements/activities;
- Ensure timely completion of program deliverables;
- Collect reports from healthcare institutions and develop quarterly narrative reports for the program;
- Identify the cases and assist the PR officer to develop success stories for the program;
- Other related tasks, as agreed with supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, medicine, global health, health management or other relevant discipline
- Master’s degree in the abovementioned disciplines is an advantage
- Strong skills in project monitoring and evaluation
- At least one year of experience in a relevant field
- Previous experience in health systems strengthening is an advantage
- Strong career interest in public health and mother and child health
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Fluently in English and Albanian
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork skills and ability to work under pressure
Parallel to an attractive salary, AMC offers you a healthy workplace and you will have our full support if you want to further your own personal development.
Note: Action for Mothers and Children through internal human resource regulations, ensures that all guaranteed human rights and freedoms are respected, and commits to implementing policies on child protection as well as those against bullying and abuse in the working place.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, two written references and a Motivation Letter to email@example.com with subject line “Application - Program Monitoring and Communication Officer,” no later than September 7, 2021.