- Position: Program Grants Assistant
- Work base: RYCO Head Office, Tirana, Albania
- Starting date of the contract: 3 August 2020
- Duration of the contract: December 2020 with possibility of extension
- Supported by: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland
RYCO is an intergovernmental organization that stewards and promotes regional, cross-border and intercultural cooperation within and among its six Western Balkan Contracting Parties: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. RYCO’s program focuses on creating opportunities for young people to engage in activities that build mutual understanding and reconciliation in the civic, social, educational, cultural, and sports domains. RYCO initiates and participates in policy making and advocates for reform. It supports the development of a political and social environment that empowers and facilitates youth exchange. A key instrument enabling RYCO to fulfill its mission is grant-making; developing tailored calls for proposals that enable CSOs and schools to engage in initiatives that contribute to mutual understanding of youth from various communities across RYCO’s Contracting Parties, thus contributing to reconciliation and youth participation.
The Program Grants Assistant supports the management of RYCO’s grant-making in view of their compliance with RYCO’s procedures and alignment with RYCO’s strategic objectives. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Grants Officer.
- Supports coordination of all grant schemes and grant-making processes;
- Keeps an overview of RYCO’s grant-making portfolio and grant-making obligations;
- Contributes to adequate planning of grant-making processes;
- Contributes to the revision (including through drafting support) of open call documents;
- Leads on day-to-day communication with selected grantees and provides them with timely and accurate answers to their questions;
- Supports LBOs with programmatic monitoring (including by providing guidance on activities to be monitored);
- Performs the timely review of selected grantees’ interim and final narrative reports;
- Leads on the closing of selected grants;
- Contributes to internal learning around grant-making;
- Supports design and implementation of RYCO’s mentoring support;
- Contributes to the selection, contracting and supervision of external grant-making experts (assessors, mentors, thematic experts, spot-checkers);
- Contributes to the strategic selection of a compelling mix of new projects and support the preparation of selection recommendations (Preliminary List) for GB
- Nationality of one of the RYCO Contracting Parties;
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, or related field;
- Minimum one year of professional experience in project management with international/regional/ governmental or non-governmental organizations;
- Thematic knowledge on intercultural learning and dialogue, reconciliation, dealing with the past and youth participation;
- Experience and ability to work in intercultural environment;
- Ability to identify, obtain and analyse information from a variety of sources;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin and/or Serbian would be an asset;
- Previous experience/familiarity with UN agencies, EU funded projects and major bilateral donors is desirable.
Interested and qualified candidates need to enclose following documents to the application:
- Application Form (Please indicate in your Application Form the position you are applying for)
- CV (Europass CV format)
- Scanned copy of higher education degree
- Scanned passport copy
- Two written letters of recommendation
The Application Form, the two letters of recommendation and the Europass CV must be in English. Additional documents will be required for shortlisted candidates.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail only.
If you are interested to apply for this position and you fulfill all the criteria, please send your application containing all necessary documents by email to email@example.com no later than 10 July 2020, 17:00 (CET).
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.