MANIFESTA 14 PRISHTINA
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Type: Full time
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalysing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place from July 22 until October 30, 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
Former Hivzi Syleijmani library
In this context, Manifesta 14 Prishtina aims to create a permanent, interdisciplinary cultural institution located in the former Hivzi Syleijmani library. The concept of this new institution focusses on reinforcing the making industry for local artists and communities and facilitating co-creation. The long-term goal is to introduce the new institution as part of the existing cultural infrastructure of the city of Prishtina.
Manifesta 14 Prishtina will define as a close collaboration between the appointed Creative Mediator, the Manifesta Director and local collaborators the model and functionality of the new interdisciplinary institution. This definition will be based on the Manifesta 14 Urban Vision, the Manifesta 14 Action Research, on the Public Survey and the Citizens Consultation as well as exchanges with local artists in relation to the needs of Prishtina’s making industry. The overall concept of the new institution will also include a business model with a long-term strategy for after the biennial and a strategy for a public-private governing model. In addition, plans for mediation, audience development and communication, as well as a strategy for the programming will be developed.
Manifesta 14 Prishtina also wishes to engage international donors and partners to support this project. The Production department is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and experienced Producer to join the team for the implementation and coordination of the new interdisciplinary institution.
The Producer is responsible for the implementation and overall coordination of the new interdisciplinary institution for the duration of the biennial. Main tasks and responsibilities include the setup of the institution according to the concept, the implementation of the governance and business model, the implementation of the infrastructure, the hosting of partners, the production of the programme as well as the development of an audience in collaboration with the Production department and under the supervision of the Head of Production.
- Management of the new interdisciplinary institution:
- Implementation of the concept in collaboration with the appointed Creative Mediator, the Manifesta 14 Director, and the Production department,
- Follow up of refurbishment works in collaboration with appointed Designer, Architects, Engineers, and public entities under the supervision of the Head of Production,
- Coordination of all aspects of production (venue, workshops, artists, collaborators, transports, etc)
- Coordination of all aspects of programming (events, residencies, workshops, community, etc),
- Coordination of all aspects of administration (staffing; partnerships; tendering, contracting, and billing of suppliers; permissions, insurance, etc)
- Coordination of visitors’ services,
- Coordination of maintenance (cleaning, guarding, etc),
- Implementation and coordination of a production network with local suppliers,
- Control of the institution’s budget under the supervision of the Head of Production,
- Support the Education department with the implementation of their projects, especially the community programme,
- Collaboration with Communication department for communication and marketing strategies of the institution,
- Distribution of information about the institution across the Manifesta 14 departments,
- Bachelor’s degree in cultural management, or design, architecture, or related creative field,
- Mother tongue Albanian and professional fluency in English – both in written and spoken; Serbian and additional languages are a plus,
- 4+ years of experience in cultural related environment,
- Proven working experience in cultural production, implementation of cultural spaces, and production of cultural events,
- Proven working experience in realising community projects,
- Proven knowledge of the cultural context of Prishtina, as well as the history and development of the city and Kosovo at large,
- Willingness and availability to do a traineeship as a resident in the Rijksakademie in Amsterdam for 2 months in January and February 2022 (to be confirmed)
- Experience in cultural project planning within complex administrative contexts,
- Experience in overseeing the management of a cultural space,
- Experience in interacting professionally with Creative Mediators, international and local artists, production teams, technical assistants, suppliers, public entities, etc,
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to exercise initiative,
- Highly organized, detail oriented and efficient,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills,
- Ability to work collaboratively across several teams / departments,
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent IT skills – working level knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel,
- Working level knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus,
Working location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Working period: November 1, 2021 – November 30, 2022
Gross salary range: 900 - 1’100.00 € / month (Depending on qualifications and experience)
If you are interested, please send your application containing a motivation letter (max. 300 words) and a CV both in English and all combined in one pdf by Friday, October 15, 2021 to email@example.com (subject PROD: Producer institution). Successful candidates will be invited to an interview, which will take place in the office in Prishtina (and/or via zoom) between October 20 and October 22, 2021.
Manifesta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.
We are looking forward to your application.
For more information about our organization, please visit our websites www.manifesta.org and www.manifesta14.org