The American School of Kosova is looking for a full time Nurse for the academic school year 2021/22. If you are passionate about sharing your passion with students, taking care of their health, we would love to meet you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene.
- Support the school's health education program.
- Promote and protect the optimal health status that the school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases).
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness.
- Provide health assessments.
- Screen and evaluate findings of deficit in vision, hearing, growth, and general health condition.
- Update students’ medical history.
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Keep track of students’ vaccination records
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws.
- Plan and implement school health management protocols.
- Assure a well-equipped school infirmary, first aid kits across the campus, keeping an updated inventory of
- supplies and initiating purchases as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Vocational education in the field of medicine-nursing.
- Work license issued by the Ministry of Health preferable.
- Speak and write English at a professional level.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Experience with children
- Excellent professional skills of collaborative and communication (liaise with staff, parents and relevant professionals)
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and school administration.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
To Apply: Please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by November 29, 2021 by specifying in the subject line the position you are applying for.
- Cover letter
- At least 2 professional references