We're looking for a Network Consultant who can help us expand and maintain our customers' network infrastructure.
You will be analyzing network performance, collaborating with customer & internal departments to optimize network capacity and provide network solutions.
You will act as a bridge between our program managers & business developers to create a starting solution for our customers, access to our internal engineers to build and make the team for new projects while also assisting different projects when required.
To ensure success as a network consultant, you must have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and previous experience in a similar capacity.
Mikkena wants to reach people who could be the new stars of our company! We're dedicated to assisting you in finding your dream job!
Requirements of the Network Consultant - CCIE or equivalent to CCIE:
- Active certification of CCIE in Routing and Switching is *strongly* preferred or equivalent to CCIE.
- At least two years of experience in network consultancy
- Good hands-on experience on BGP, MPLS, Routing and & Switching.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (LAN/WAN, DMVPN, IPSEC, BGP, MPLS, VRF, QoS, Spanning-Tree, OSPF, 802.11, ACL’s)
- Skills in one or more of the following areas a plus: Cisco Data center technologies, Network security (Firewall, VPN, etc.), Cisco ISE, Cisco WLAN, SDWAN, Virtualization
- Must be able to work with practice lead to coordinate scheduling to meet customer needs, sometimes juggling multiple projects at one time
- Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering
- Responsible for network high-level and detailed design, implementation, operations, troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Assess, design, implement, troubleshoot, and document multi-vendor (Cisco, Juniper & Alcatel)
- Develop both high-level and detailed implementation and test plans for multi-vendor technologies related to enterprise networks
- Develop documentation as it relates to project requirements, and assist with or develop customer facing presentations of technology solutions.
- Write assessment and design reports, and present them to our customers.
- Provide knowledge transfer and informal training to clients.
- Ability to understand and develop business requirements and create design to meet those business requirements;
Life at Mikkena
Great connections start with great people. From engineers and project managers at Mikkena, we want the best new talent to help our business develop and grow. If our culture, diverse workforce and benefits sound like a good fit, then start your Mikkena journey today.
What will make your Mikkena journey look like?
Innovation only happens when staff are encouraged, inspired, and have room for their ideas to grow. We challenge our teams with Innovation & idea Days, support our diverse group through flexible working and encourage collaboration and authenticity in all we do.
Be seen. Be heard. Be you.
Diversity isn’t just who you hire: it’s how you hire, how you lead, and how you build understanding and awareness. At Mikkena, diversity is part of our DNA. We’re evolving our working and recruiting practices to make Mikkena a welcoming, safe and pioneering place for people of all genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
That flexible feeling
Flexible working enables our staff to be their best selves – at work and at home. From hours that fit around childcare and supporting relatives during the pandemic to having time for personal projects in the community, our flexible options put our people first.