Middle School - Math Teacher
The American School of Kosova is looking for a full time Middle School - Math Teacher for the next academic school year 2020-21 with possibility of extension. If you are passionate about teaching and learning and sharing your passion with students, we would love to meet you!
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
- Plan and present lessons to facilitate students' understanding and application of mathematical concepts.or a full time
- Evaluate and differentiate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
- Ensure your students achieve learning outcomes that are above average in the subject of mathematics by instructing students in a clear, concise and fun way, and regularly preparing lesson plans that are engaging and incorporate the curriculum
- Incorporate the school’s objectives into your curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives
- Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Provides a variety of assessments and uses assessments for planning and instruction
- Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and ask analytical questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to the content objective.
- Monitor and maintain a positive classroom environment that supports the school wide behavior expectation in which most students are engaged, incorporates mutual respect and provides cooperative learning opportunities.
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Appropriately communicates and interacts with other professional staff in academic planning and school committee work.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and extra-curricular/school related activities and committees.
- BA/MA in Education with a specialization in Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Evidence of teaching license or completed program of educational pedagogy
- Speak and write English at professional level
- 2 years teaching experience, preferably in an international setting
- Openness to learn and adapt to a dynamic and collaborative staff of educators
- Empathy to care for students
- Ability to control a classroom
- Great organizational skills
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to communicate issues to parents
To work with colleagues in the Maths Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of ASK
The ideal candidate is a professional educator who strives to create an environment of learning that fosters self-discipline and enthusiasm within the classroom and throughout the school. He or she has an emotional intelligence that allows professional reflection and a high level of collaboration with colleagues. The ideal candidate is capable of communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of the community.
email@example.com latest by July 31, 2020.