World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization focusing on education and workforce development. World Learning seeks applications for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an anticipated USAID Kosovo activity that will focus on harnessing the leadership of the private sector as a change agent to develop sustainable and innovative models to develop the Kosovo workforce. The MEL Specialist will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the project’s MEL system and Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes in close coordination with technical and programmatic staff. As part of the program’s senior leadership team, the MEL Specialist will lead the overall learning agenda of the program, working closely with partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
Recruitment contingent upon successful award of the project.
- Lead the design and implementation of the program’s MEL framework and information systems to track delivery against program targets, outcomes, and impacts, including clearly defined objectives, indicators, learning mechanisms, and the implementation of appropriate MEL procedures;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, and contribute to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other project documents;
- Lead design and implementation of robust CLA approaches and processes; ensure use of existing evidence to promote improvements, collaboration, learning, and adaption, and identify solutions to promote data-based decision making among program and technical staff;
- Develop and oversee research components related to the project as needed;
- Developing and overseeing research components related to the project as needed;
- Masters’ degree or higher in a relevant field;
- At least five years of experience designing and implementing MEL and CLA systems for USAID projects in Kosovo, comparable experience implementing MEL Systems for USAID projects in Albania or North Macedonia will also be considered;
- Significant experience in working with databases, various data management and data analysis software;
- Demonstrated expertise in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and management methods;
- Experience in supporting MEL and CLA for workforce development or youth development programs highly desirable;
- Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments;
- Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Kosovo work authorization and verbal and written fluency in English and Albanian required.
World Learning is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.