Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Internship
(Part-time internship: 6 hours/day or 30 hours/week)
Duration: up to eight months
Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., implementer for the USAID Kosovo Commercial Justice Activity (Program) will open the opportunity for a paid internship to learn from the Program and assist the Program on Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL). The Program is a five-year initiative to reduce opportunities for corruption and encourage investment in Kosovo by helping to improve the resolution of commercial disputes and the enforcement of judgements.
The MEL Intern will will work closely with Program team members and with the Senior MEL Specialist (STTA) in assisting on the performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning process of the program.
Responsibilities of the Intern
- Assist STTA in design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including development of the MEL Plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of baseline, mid-term, and end line studies; oversight of data collection and analysis; quality assurance and routine data quality audits;
- Develop and lead the implementation of the project’s learning agenda, designing and implementing mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation;
- Assist in ensuring MEL activities are in line with the USAID Evaluation Policy;
- Contribute to development of work plans, progress reports, and papers summarizing project results and evidence;
- Advise on the design of the project’s research activities, including selection of proper methodologies, development of tools, analysis, and recommendations;
- Support in the capacity building of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection, learning activities, and data analysis;
- Participate in the USAID Mission’s activities for planning, reviewing, and strengthening MEL system, and adapt the project’s MEL system accordingly;
- Contribute to the development of presentations for professional meetings and conferences;
- Work closely with all program staff on developing and learning from research activities, using facts and figures for communication, planning and reporting purposes, and continuously maintain project’s learning agenda;
- Participate in regular report preparation and outreach activities;
- Maintain a system for collecting and maintaining MEL data;
- Maintain a system for data backup for information reported in each quarterly and annual report of the Program;
- Maintain an electronic tracking system for the Program’s deliverables and written products that uniquely identifies and stores a copy of each item in an easily retrievable format;
- Any other duties assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or his/her designee.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Third/fourth year student in a relevant field
- Recent graduates in relevant fields can apply as well
- Excellent command of Albanian and English languages (written and spoken);
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills; and
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Any internship or working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation is preferable.
Please indicate “MEL Intern” in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be considered solely on the basis of merit. DO NOT CONTACT USAID or USAID COMMERCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVITY. Applicants who contact USAID or USAID Commercial Justice Activity independently of the prescribed application process will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.