The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) and the Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO) are implementing for the third time the youth exchange “Western Balkans meet Japan: A Bridge into the Future”, planned to take place during 2022.
Undergraduate or graduate students, aged between 20 to 25 years old, coming from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, are invited to apply for a great opportunity of personal and professional growth.
This youth exchange aims to deepen participants’ understanding of Japan and its policy, to promote mutual understandings and reconciliation through intellectual and cultural exchange, and to build a basis for future friendship and cooperation between Japan and the Western Balkan region.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 12 November 2021, 23:59, CET.
Only selected participants will be notified.
Qualifications for Participants
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Being a currently enrolled student in an undergraduate or graduate program and aged from 20 years and older on the arrival in Japan.
- Living in one of the Western Balkans 6 Contracting Parties and holding a passport issued by one of the WB6 (Applicants who have Japanese nationality are NOT eligible).
- Having a good command of English.
- Respecting the spirit of reconciliation and cooperation in the Western Balkans.
- Having a valid passport.
- Neither having participated in exchange or similar program(s) by the Government of Japan nor having lived in Japan.
- Those who have experience residing in Japan for more than 6 months are not eligible.
- Those who have participated in “MIRAI” and/or similar programs funded by the Japanese government are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.