- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: COM00000I
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G5
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Oct 22, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 18, 2021
- Target Start Date: Dec 1, 2021
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Spokesperson, the incumbent will be providing clerical and language support and monitoring and reporting on the content of the Kosovo Albanian and Serbian language media newscasts/articles of relevance for the Mission. The incumbent will be working as part of a team that including other Media Monitors and Political Affairs and Communications Office (OPAC) staff handle similar tasks. The incumbent’s primary duty will be to monitor prime time (evening) newscast and different debates when required.
The incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Independently producing written summaries of current local news stories from the media for the Head of Mission and other internal and external subscribers;
- Providing written summaries and oral briefings on the morning new items to the Head of Office of Political Affairs and Communications and Deputy Spokesperson when required;
- Translating in three languages, analysing and reporting on news items that may be of importance to the Mission, including specific televised debates, editorials, commentaries, news features and interviews;
- Producing analysis of media reporting on specific issues of importance for the Mission (political processes or major events);
- Performing other duties as assigned;
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in journalism or languages;
- At least 4 years of work experience in a media organization, Newspaper, Radio, TV or as a translator;
- Good knowledge of the current political environment in Kosovo and the region;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Albanian and Serbian in addition to local language;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,084.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-applicationform and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.