As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Sustainable Municipal Services project is seeking to fill the position of:
2 Local Interns
Supporting the Waste Management in the Republic of Kosovo
The overall purpose of the assignment
The interns will actively assist in the development and implementation of the communication and visibility plan for the project. He/she will be responsible for assisting with the collection, production and publication of communication materials to enhance the visibility of the project. Furthermore, the interns will continuously support the project team leader and its advisors.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The local Intern shall:
- Assist in collecting, producing and sharing visibility materials in printed, mainstream media and social media
- Support the compilation and editing of project publications, reports and presentation
- Research and proposes new innovative tools and methods to enhance the project’s visibility
- Support the project in the coordination and communication with the partner institutions/counterparts
- Assist in content preparation for the workshops and training in Kosovo
- Prepare and contributes to field missions, campaigns, fairs, workshops, information days, etc
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and calls
- Maintain and follows up the calendar of project deadlines and events
- Support the maintenance of the Project’s database and contributes to monitoring and reporting
- Support administrative, organizational and logistical aspects of project activities related to work meetings, training, workshops, seminars, public events, study tours etc
- Takes minutes during work meetings and events.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in Environment, Engineering and Marketing or Communications.
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in the above areas would be an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Knowledge in Adobe applications would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of public services and Kosovo state structures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ethics, integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Motivated team player with sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Friendly and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and service orientation.
Location: GIZ Office Pristina
Expected start date: 1 February 2022
Duration: The internship will last 6 months.
This is a full-time internship (8hrs per day, 40hrs per week)
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern – Support to Waste Management in Kosovo
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 14 November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.