TERMS OF REFERENCES
- Function: Legal Expert
- Place of work: Prishtina, Kosovo
- Project name: Joint Action for Decentralization – JAD
Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection in Kosovo – KOMF, established in 2011, is a coalition composed of 31 local and international NGOs working in the child protection field, with the joint mission to advocate and protect the rights of children in Kosovo.
The Legal Expert will have direct contribution under the project “Joint Action for Decentralization” funded by European Union and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo, which is implemented by Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection in Kosovo – KOMF, in partnership with Organization for Children without Parental Care – OFAP, SOS Children’s Villages in Kosovo and KMOP. The project aims to contribute toward the completion of social services decentralization process in Kosovo. The main objectives of the project are:
- Strengthen and increase capacities and active role of Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection – KOMF towards the social services decentralization process;
- Advocate toward decentralization of social services through contribution for the improvement of related legal framework, monitoring of current legislation and mobilization of public institutions;
- Raise awareness among wide public through media communication on social services decentralization.
KOMF researches recommend drafting of an integrated and advanced Law on Social and Family Services which will enable a reform in the field of social and family services, with the aim of provision of quality services for children and citizens in need for social services. In addition, the new Law on Social and Family Services should determine clear competences between central and local level institutions, strengthen the accountability and ensure sustainable and adequate funding for social services, thus enabling the completion of the decentralization process of social services.
Government Work Plan and the Legislative Plan for 2020, foresees drafting and approval of the new Law on Social and Family Services by Government by November 2020.In this regard, contribution from KOMF will be provided for drafting of the new Law on Social and Family Services. KOMF with its member’s organizations will give e voice to the concerns and views of children and citizens in need of social services as well as address KOMF position in the drafting of the Law on Social and Family Services.
With this aim, KOMF is seeking to recruit a Legal Expert to support the drafting process of the new Law on Social and Family Services.
- Come up with consolidated document with legal provisions regarding the Draft Law on Social and Family Services;
- Provide professional legal expertise and recommendations/inputs, propose articles for the drafting of the Draft Law on Social and Family Services;
- Contribute in harmonizing the legal provisions of the Draft Law on Social and Family Services with Family Law;
- Support KOMF professionally on consultations and roundtables in the process of drafting of the Draft Law on Social and Family Services;
- Reflect KOMF position and recommendations for the Draft Law on Social and Family Services in the drafting process of the Draft Law on Social and Family Services.
- A document with proposed articles, inputs and recommendations for the Draft Law on Social and Family Services, harmonized with the Family Law;
- Support professionally the workshops, roundtables and consultations with the relevant stakeholders, which will be organized for the drafting process of Draft Law on Social and Family Services.
The intended start date will be during July 2020 and the employment in frame of this project shall end during October 2020, with a total of thirty (30) days of engagement.
Academic qualifications in the field of Law, preferably Human Rights;
- At least 5 years previous experience with legal framework on human rights, family law, social services, child rights protection;
- Strong knowledge of legal frameworks;
- Experience in drafting of the legislation, especially human rights laws, social services;
- Experience of carrying out consultative legal research (using a variety of approaches) and in producing out high quality analytical reports for contribution in drafting processes (examples of previous work may be required);
- Excellent researching, commenting and analytical skills;
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Albanian (Serbian would be an asset).
All interested candidates are invited to send their application documents via email, at; email@example.com
- Letter of interest including the reasons why the expert is deemed well suited for the assignment
- Three references related to similar tasks
The deadline for the submission of the applications is the 17th of July 2020, by midnight.
Proposals received after the deadline will be not considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates from will be notified for the interview. Due to the high number of applications received, KOMF is not in the position to inform all applicants on the decision.