As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, DIMAK/ Programme Migration and Diaspora (PMD), is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
The junior advisor for labour migration will support the project management and other senior staff members in all activities of the project.
The junior advisor will also provide advice to the clients of the Programme Migration and Diaspora (PMD) and will support the Employment Agency of the Republic of Kosovo (EARK) regarding labour migration.
Main task and responsibilities
The junior advisor is responsible for:
- Advising the clients of the PMD (potential migrants, job seekers, students, …)
- Advising on visa related issues, including blue card, seasonal employment ad studying in Germany, diploma recognition and career orientation
- Preparing and implementing job placement and pre-departure trainings to potential labour migrants
- Providing online advice through different PMD developed instruments, including the social media
- Organizing and provide advice through mobile activities, with information sessions, mobility information corners and other information instruments in different institutions
- Preparing and supporting the capacity building measures towards the partner institutions,
- Supporting the project management and other senior staff members in all activities of the project, in everyday occurrences and fulfil tasks that will be delegated by the project management.
- Supports PMD team in the further development of the activities, events and approaches
- Supports the organization and successfully implementation of trainings and activities for the Employment Agency of the Republic of Kosovo (EARK)
- Supports the regular communication and flow of information with EARK regarding labour migration.
The junior advisor performs the following tasks:
Advising the PMD clients
- Informs, consults and advices the clients of the PMD, especially to potential migrants, job seekers, students, and other target groups
- Provides advise on visa related issues for potential migrants, including blue card, seasonal employment ad studying in Germany
- Provides advise and support for PMD clients on diploma recognition and career orientation
- Prepares and implements job placement trainings to potential labour migrants and other target groups
- Provides mentoring and coaching throughout the process of labour migration
- Provides online advice through the instruments of Startfinder and Make it in Germany and the project factbook
- Works in a team of advisors under the supervision of the Coordinator Migration & Diaspora
- Assists the M&E advisor through recording and documenting the advising sessions and the results of all activities.
- The labour migration junior advisor shall provide support on the following crosscutting tasks:
- Does the backstopping to the management on the ongoing developments on the topic of migration and mobility advice in Kosovo and the activities of the government regarding these topics
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- Participates in related training programs and involves actively in the development programme and the current topic of Migration Advice, Labour Migration and Diaspora Cooperation
- Ensures good communication and flow of information within GIZ (bilateral projects of GIZ and GIZ country office) and other relevant actors.
The junior advisor:
- Draws up reports and provides translation if needed
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on potential migrants and returnees
- Organizes and updates PMD documentation, the filing systems and the project/programme library in DMS.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University Degree in related field; social science and any other related field
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the German; English language is an added value
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Location: GIZ Office, Pristina
Expected start date: October 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Advisor Labor Migration – DIMAK
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 19th of September 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.