As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Entrepreneurship Promotion (EP) project is seeking to fill the position of:
Capacity Development of Public Administration
The overall purpose of the post
The GIZ project “Economic development for the stabilization of the labour market (Entrepreneurship Promotion)” improves the competitiveness of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in employment-relevant sectors. The project organizes interventions along with the needs of the private sector, business member organisations and chambers. It focuses on sectors such as agriculture and manufacturing with returnees, digitalization and gender as cross-cutting topics. The project is organized in three outputs focusing on topics such as the introduction of services by chambers and business membership organisations (BMO), introduction of qualification and training measures introduced by chambers and business member organisations, and capacity building for public administration.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Junior Advisor is responsible to:
- Supports in developing effective communication and working relationships with stakeholders from the private and public sector
- Supports partner institutions -Ministries and their respective agencies, chambers, and business associations- on clarification of mandates, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies for ownership and sustainability, and providing technical input
- Supports the team in Output 3 in daily operational activities
- Supports the outsourcing process and integrates the consultants’ support, into the project activities
- Supports partner institutions on improved co-creation of public-private dialogue
- Supports monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities and their results, and also contributes to the monitoring of crosscutting issues (Gender, Digitalization, Development Partnerships, and “Returnees and Remaining perspectives/PPH”)
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments and supports further development of the project
- Supports the monitoring and report on the economic, social, and political situation in his/her field of work
- Supports the organization and participates in meetings and workshops as scheduled by the project manager and senior task manager
The Junior Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Assists the team on the implementation of project activities in close consultation and cooperation with the GIZ Entrepreneurship Promotion project team and counterparts from the public and private sector
- Supports the team in regular communication and information flow with cooperation partners
- Assist in preparation of local and international short-term consulting contracts
- Deals with the design, preparation, and implementation of events such as for example workshops, round tables, seminars
- Assists in the preparation of PR materials on the project for internal and external media.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, political and/or economic sciences or a related field. A Master’s degree in one of the related fields is an advantage.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Working experience in the field of business and organizational development
- Working experience with public agencies and business associations is an asset, preferably in the international cooperation
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German will be an asset
- Good analytical, networking, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of agriculture and manufacturing sector structure in Kosovo
- Familiarity with agriculture and manufacturing sector value chains in Kosovo is an asset
- Good knowledge of the applied international standards in the field of agriculture and manufacturing sector
- Initial experiences in advising stakeholders from the public and private sector
- Familiarity with the principles of capacity development in technical cooperation
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Team-work spirit and experience working in inter-cultural teams
- Very good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g., MS Office). Excellent command of Excel.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: January 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended),
- Letter of motivation,
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations,
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Advisor Capacity Development – EP.
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 1st of November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.