INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES FOR THE LOCAL CIVILIAN HIRE POSITION JOURNALIST / EDITOR (SRB), LCH 5 AT HQ KFOR, PRISTINA, KOSOVO
Completing an Application Form
Thank you for your interest in the position of Journalist/Editor (Srb) at PSYOPS Print Cell, in HQ KFOR, Camp Film City. In order to apply for the post, you need to fill a KFOR Application Form. Please find below:
The essential education, experience and skills requirements are:
- Junior college degree in journalism, mass media or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in newspaper/magazine/social media as a journalist/editor to include at least 2 years' experience in research and production of written/print articles.
- Skills in researching programs, presenting news stories, writing commentaries, columns, or scripts.
- Good communication and team working skills
In Part One, you should ensure you complete the sections confirming level of education and related training certification.
When completing the application form, please pay particular attention when completing Part Two. In this section you are required to give information and examples of your work experience which show that you have the essential requirements for the position.
Language Requirements: Applicants must possess the following language skills:
- English – Very Good (Professional knowledge of the language sufficient for educated standard speech and written correspondence in any situation)
- Serbian – Very Good (Professional knowledge of the language sufficient for educated standard speech and written correspondence in any situation)
Please ensure you indicate language skills in Section 8 of Part One of the Application Form.
Candidates who are shortlisted for the position will be required to undertake a language test and a knowledge/skills test as part of the selection process.
Please do not attach any other additional documents (CVs, resumes, letters of recommendation etc.), these will not be considered as part of the shortlisting process. If sent online, application form to be forwarded as a MS Word document, no signature needed.
Applications must be returned by e-mail to email@example.com between 23 Sep and 07 Oct 2021. Application forms can also be submitted by hand at the KFOR mailbox, at HQ KFOR IZMIR building, just outside Camp Film City Gate. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Only candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Information on KFOR and the Post
The NATO-led Kosovo Force (KFOR) is deployed in Kosovo to help maintain a safe and secure environment and freedom of movement for all citizens, irrespective of their ethnic origin. Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) Branch provides PSYOPS support, advises COMKFOR and the Command Group, conducts theatre assessments, controls the development, production and dissemination of all PSYOPS products at the Theatre level. The Journalist/Editor is to prepare and finalize all products relating to written media.
Information on Employment Conditions (this is provided as a guide only and is not meant to be an exhaustive list)
This position is a Local Civilian Hire post LCH-5. The post holder must be a national and/or legal resident of Kosovo and will work in HQ KFOR, Camp Film City, Pristina.
The gross salary for LCH-5 is 1,133.00 € per month.
Other employment benefits include:
- Affiliation to a Group Medical Insurance Scheme (premiums shared between employee/employer).
- 24 days annual leave per calendar year
- Up to 7 Special leave days
- Paternity leave of 10 days
- Up to 11 days Official/National holidays.
Before any appointment is confirmed, the preferred candidate will be required to be granted a KFOR Security Clearance and to successfully pass a medical examination certifying fitness to work.
The successful candidate will be offered a 12-month initial contract which may be converted into an indefinite duration contract subject to satisfactory performance and the continued operational need/funding for the position.
KFOR is seeking to have the position filled as soon as possible.