ISSUED BY OSCE Mission in Kosovo
VACANCY NUMBER VNKOSC02277
VACANCY TYPE Intern
NUMBER OF POSTS 1
DUTY STATION Prishtine / Pristina
DATE OF ISSUE 28 August 2020
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 18 September 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY 2 November 2020
Duration of the Internship with the Democratization Department is 6 months.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Analysis and Reporting Cell (ARC) and the overall supervision of the Director, Democratization Department (DD), the intern will support the Office of the Director in ensuring quality control of departmental publications, and of regular reporting on the Democratization programme’s projects and activities.
The incumbent will work closely with other members of the Office, to ensure co-ordination of information with the Mission’s field presence, as well as the Department’s sections on programmatic and project activities. The intern will, after consultation with his/her direct supervisor, co-operate with other sections of the Department, including Governance Section, Media Section, and Public Participation Section.
The duties of the intern will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing support to the staff in the Office of Director in the pre-clearance of departmental publications and documents.
- Assisting the staff in the Office of Director in the management of departmental clearance procedures with relevant Mission offices, including the
- Office of Political Affairs and Communications, Office of Legal Affairs, and Office of Central Co-ordination.
- Assisting with the preparation of regular and thematic reports by the Department.
- Assisting the Office of Director with project tasks related to review of self-evaluation reports, activity reports etc.
- Providing support to co-ordinating tasks and activities with the field.
- Providing support to the management of departmental public awareness and visibility-related activities within the programme’s projects and activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate obtained not earlier than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice
- University education in Political Sciences, Sociology or Law. Further specialization in development would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of democratization processes in transitional environments is desirable.
- The candidate should be under the age of 30 s on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical, research and drafting skills.
- Good organizational skills with ability to process and classify information quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent IT knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- While not a requirement, previous working experience with non-governmental, governmental and/or international organizations is desirable; experience with drafting of relevant publications is a strong asset.
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay nor reimburse travel expenses. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
How To Apply
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay nor reimburse travel expenses. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE. If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/ Please mention your availability dates in the cover letter. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to email@example.com with vacancy number quoted in subject. Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/who/83 The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration. The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.