Position Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Position Title: HR Manager
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking an HR Manager for the 5-year USAID-funded Private Sector-Led Workforce Development activity in Kosovo. This activity is focused on leveraging the private sector in order to advance and develop the country’s workforce. Focused on strengthening the relationships between various system actors such as private sector businesses, education institutions and policy makers, this activity strives for the private sector to drive positive change through focusing support on high-growth industries and addressing both supply and demand sides of the ecosystem.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will fosters a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The HR Manager is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
The HR Office Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations;
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Onboard new project hires;
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinate staff training and establish staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receive and log various grievances or complaints from employees;
- Consult with Regional HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provide recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review;
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leave;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Must have at least six (6) years of general work experience and four (4) years of progressively responsible HR experience preferably working on donor-funded projects.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects and knowledge of corresponding rules and regulations is highly desired;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Kosovan local labor law;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in spoken and written English desired, and
- Fluency in local languages required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Creative Associates International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.