- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: ADM00000S
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Job Field: Administration & Support
- Grade: G2
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Mitrovice / Mitrovica
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 23, 2021
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
The Handyman is under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant and performs basic maintenance of buildings, grounds, equipment and other small jobs and repairs in Mission offices. The Handyman will be responsible for:
- Inspecting the functionality of the Regional Centre premises (lighting, doors, window and floors etc) and also responsible for day-to-day minor repairs of premises (i.e. carpentry, plumbing and electrical). Installing sockets, switchers within office premises; performing minor sanitary engineering works; keeping the car park and other areas clean and organized;
- Carrying a variety of equipment, furniture (assembling/disassembling) and other goods according to the needs and requirements of the mission staff. Assembling and installation of desks, shelves and other furniture in office areas; carrying out maintenance and repair work on furniture; minor work on other equipment; participating in relocation processes; moving furniture and equipment, inspecting them for repair; hanging up notice boards, TV-sets, pictures using relevant tools and fixings.
- May be required to drive official vehicles;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education
- Valid driving license
- One year of working experience in crafts, building/masonry, carpentry/woodwork, electrics or another trade
- Working knowledge of English language.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 671.17 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org . Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.