Position Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Position Title: Finance Manager
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Finance Manager for the 5-year USAID-funded Private Sector-Led Workforce Development activity in Kosovo. This activity is focused on leveraging the private sector in order to advance and develop the country’s workforce. Focused on strengthening the relationships between various system actors such as private sector businesses, education institutions and policy makers, this activity strives for the private sector to drive positive change through focusing support on high-growth industries and addressing both supply and demand sides of the ecosystem.
The Finance Manager will develop and manage the project’s financial systems. S/he will be responsible for all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, and subcontracting. S/he will ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review, and submission to headquarters and cash flow management. This position will report to the Chief of Party.
- Supervise and ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and client’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement and Grants-Under-Contract actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines;
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup documents;
- Ensure timely processing of staff payroll, allowances and other reimbursements;
- Oversee financial and administrative functions of the execution of grants to all local IPs;
- Monitor program and operational forecasting, establish and maintain cash controls to ensure supply of adequate funds;
- Manage the project’s Accountant, ensuring he/she stays on task with assigned deliverables, build the capacity of the Accountant and conduct his/her performance review;
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required;
- Prepare Budget vs. Actual analysis and report variances to Chief of Party;
- Meet financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before deadline;
- Produce segregated finance records such as expenses for specific locations or grants, as needed;
- Ensure accurate and smooth month and year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules;
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information as requested;
- Ensure compliance with local laws, particularly on withholding taxes;
- Ensure timely deposit of withholding taxes and reporting to Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS);
- Alert potential non-compliance financial issues to the Chief of Party;
- Coordinate with Grants Manager to establish proper controls for grants management;
- Establish procedures and forms for requesting and issuance of advances for program needs; and
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred;
- At least six (6) years of general work experience and four (4) years of specific experience related to this position is required,
- Extensive experience with computerized accounting systems;
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications, in-depth knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with U.S. government administrative compliance preferred, experience with USAID strongly preferred;
- Exposure working with international operations;
- Ability to work with and achieve results with a diverse group of personnel;
- Strong organizational and managerial skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is highly desired; and
- Fluency in local Kosovan languages is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Creative Associates International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.