Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Hours: 40 per week
Directly Responsible to: Business Department
Period: December 2021 - 31 December 2022.
Contract: Full-time, fixed term contract
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place during 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
For the Business department at the Manifesta offices in Prishtina, Manifesta 14 is looking for a motivated and experienced Finance and Administration Assistant, starting in November 2021.
The Business department is responsible for on managing the legal, fiscal, and administrative processes of Manifesta, controlling the budget, the accounting process, and monitoring all legal aspects involved in the organization of the Biennial.
The Finance and Administration Assistant supports the work of the foundation by providing and maintaining optimal working conditions for the team, ensuring the smooth running of the administration, as well as providing administrative, financial, and logistical support for projects, initiatives, and programs within the foundation environment.
S/he monitors the maintenance of the office premises, the administration procedures and drafts contracts, budgets, and processes financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices etc. S/he supports BD in all procurement activities.
S/he is line-managed by the Business Coordinator and works in close collaboration with the Manifesta team.
Office and Administration
- Maintaining optimal working conditions in the office, including furniture, IT, archive, office supplies, cleaning and security.
- Maintaining security protocols, incl. insurances.
- Monitoring the maintenance of physical, archive and cloud-based administration across the organization
- Minute staff meeting, follow up on actions and maintaining central calendar and timeline.
- Providing support to all staff members in all procedures, IT, software, and communication protocols.
- Assists the BD in completing relevant project documentation and other reports • Assists the BD and project team in formulating and updating the project timeline and project schedules.
- Maintains effective and courteous communication with all parties concerned. • Assists the BD and project team in estimating and managing the specified budget lines.
- Arrange contracts, raise Purchase Orders and other authorizing forms on behalf of BD.
- Maintains, monitors, and controls travel-related invoicing and reimbursement requests
- Supports the organization of Manifesta workshops, symposiums, special events and opening days
- Supports the Business Department in the procurement and best value deals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate has a minimum degree of higher education (preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Management and/or Law).
- Fluency in written and spoken Albanian and English.
- The candidate has a minimum of two years’ professional experience in administration, project management and/or budgeting, finance, accounting or similar.
- The candidate has experience of working with Microsoft Office 365, Dropbox, and other similar software. Experience of working with QuickBooks, Dext - Receipt Bank, Approval Max or similar software is considered advantage.
- The candidate must be results oriented and able to work according to strict deadlines and reporting targets.
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and monitor overlapping needs and timelines;
- Be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and care in administrative processes.
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate with team members across departments;
- Discretion with confidential information;
- Interest in building relationships in a European work environment.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Please send your letter of motivation (max 500 words) and CV in English to email@example.com with subject: Finance and Administration Assistant, until 05th of November 2021.