- Requisition ID: POL000032
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Aug 19, 2021
- External Closing Date: Sep 9, 2021
- Target Start Date: Oct 14, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
The Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Mission) continues to proactively participate and support the development of the security and public safety sector in Kosovo. In this regard, to ensure capacity development and progress is made by Kosovo Correctional Service (KCS), the Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS) of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo will provide capacity buildings support to KCS to achieve their goals and objectives and address the needs identified throughout 2020.
In its efforts to improve the KCS capacities in performing its functions and mandate, and as per the training needs assessment of KCS, the Mission will support the agency in building the capacities in the operational and human rights areas. Moreover, to ensure sustainable capacity building and professional development, the Mission will continue to support the KCS at strategic level by offering advice and expertise based on best correctional facility management practices.
In line with the needs of KCS and in line with the objective of the project “a sustainable, accountable and equitable security sector is able to fight crime, ensure public security and protect human rights”, the Mission’s Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS) will deliver a five days specialized training on Emergency Response System for Kosovo Correctional Service (KCS) of correctional facilities for 15 officers and managers of Kosovo Correctional Service. The training will be delivered from 01-05 November 2021.
This five days training targets the senior KCS officers and managers and aims to enhance their skills in planning and implementing an Emergency Response System within the correctional facilities.
This practical-oriented training activity will cover the types of Emergency Response System and related plans, with particular focus on:
principles of Emergency Response System.
- creating and updating threat and hazard incident response assessment,
- reinforcing building security,
- emergency preparedness and response,
- fire, evacuation, and emergency medical response,
- management of operational plans.
Objective of Assignment:
The objective of this activity is to improve the capacity, enhance the knowledge and practical skills of KCS officers and managers on planning and implementing an Emergency Response System within the correctional facilities.
Duration of Assignment:
The duration of consultancy is eight (8) days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief of PDMS, the international expert shall:
- Draft the training methodology and materials in consultation with the Chief of PDMS and deliver final training agenda, video presentations, PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises and case studies, a pre-course evaluation test and a training evaluation questionnaire satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments and submit to the Chief of PDMS and in electronic form/as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- Conduct five (5) days of training Specialized training on Emergency Response System for 15 corrections officers and managers of Kosovo Correctional Service and assist them to cope with the challenges that they meet during the training;
- Provide advice on the sustainability of the specialized training programme in the relevant area to the PDMS;
- Produce the final consultancy report and recommendations for further action.
- By 15 October 2021 submit the draft proposal of an assessment methodology satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments, if applicable, to the Chief of PDMS in electronic form;
- By 19 October 2021 prepare the final assessment field work agenda satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments and submit in electronic form, as agreed with the Chief of PDMS;
- By 22 October 2021 submit the training material (presentations, practical exercises, case studies and a training evaluation questionnaire) in electronic form, as agreed with the Chief of PDMS;
- From 01-05 November 2021, deliver the training on Emergency Response System to 15 corrections officers and managers of Kosovo Correctional Service
- By 12 November 2021 submit to the Chief of PDMS the final consultancy report including assessment of the participants, the effectiveness of the training materials/methodology, recommendations for further action and the sustainability of the specialized training programme in the relevant area.
- Final training plan, agenda, presentations, practical exercises, case studies and a training evaluation questionnaire submitted to the Chief of PDMS on time and according to the OSCE official templates;
- Training delivered as scheduled/planned in a requested format and of satisfactory quality to the Chief of PDMS;
- Positive feedback from the training participants (training evaluation questionnaire);
- The completed pre course evaluation test and the training evaluation questionnaire;
- The final consultancy report is submitted on time and of satisfactory quality to the Chief of PDMS.
- University degree in Law, Social Sciences, Management or other similar vocational qualification relevant to the topic;
- Proven experience on specialized on law enforcement training or similar;
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience on working with correctional services;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and demonstrated gender sensitivity;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.