Editors for English, Albanian, and Serbian languages (3 posts)
Location : Home based, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 14-Nov-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 22-Nov-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 22 November 2021 – 21 November 2023 (Long Term Agreement)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 22 November 2021 – 21 November 2023 (Long Term Agreement)
UNDP is seeking to engage three (3) individuals on an LTA basis, to provide the said services to UNDP on a need to basis.
Objectives of Assignment
Provide editing and proofreading services in English, Albanian and Serbian languages for reports, publications, and other material as deemed necessary.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesEditing services on a needs basis, as required by UNDP Projects.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Professional documents with no linguistic mistakes: The wording in documents is corrected and adjusted, so that it makes sense and is understood by the reader. No grammatical mistakes are present and strict language rules are adhered to.
Deliverables / Final Products Expected
- Edited materials which adhere to the standards of syntax in English, Albanian and Serbian languages.
Competencies• Ability to write concisely and clearly;
• Able to exercise sound judgment when editing written material(s) in cases of unclear/confusing sentences/parts;
• Adept at working in a highly pressured professional environment and sensitive to deadlines set in workplan;
• Treat written material in confidence regardless of the content.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- BA in Linguistics (respective languages as specified above); MA a distinct advantage;
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a editor in Albanian, Serbian and English;
- Fluency in written and spoken languages as specified above.
Scope of price proposal and schedule of payments
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on lump sum remuneration and shall be processed upon successful completion of the tasks assigned. The price must be per page, with 400 words. Payment shall be executed upon satisfactory completion of the proof-reading of the document provided to the contractor.
Required presentation of Offer
For purposes of generating Offers whose contents are uniformly presented and to facilitate their comparative analysis, it is best to recommend the preferred contents and presentation of the Offer to be submitted, as well as the format/sequencing of their presentation. The following documents may be requested:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability;
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Financial Proposal per page that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the technical qualifications, the relevant work experiences and the technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
Click on the "Apply now" button;
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box;
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment;
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.