Job Profile: Development Assistant
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Type: Full time
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years.
Manifesta 14 is scheduled to take place in Prishtina, Kosovo, from July 22 until October 30, 2022.
For the Development department, Manifesta 14 Prishtina is looking for a motivated and experienced Development Assistant from Kosovo or Kosovar diaspora. The Development Assistant will work at the Manifesta 14 offices in Prishtina, starting as soon as possible, ultimately by 1 January 2022.
Manifesta’s Development department focuses on acquiring funding for Manifesta 14 from public partners, national and international trusts and foundations, companies, and individuals.
Manifesta’s work is supported by a large community of funding bodies, NGOs, corporate sponsors, and private donors. Manifesta receives a generous basic budget from Host cities, but to execute its programme of site-specific commissions of artworks and urban interventions, full run of public programmes and comprehensive education and community engagement, additional support is needed for each edition of the biennial.
The Development Assistant will support the fundraising work for Manifesta 14 Prishtina from public partners, national and international trusts and foundations, companies, and individuals. The candidate will closely work with the Development Coordinator in managing a wide range of partnerships, enabling Manifesta 14 with financial or in-kind support.
CORE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Assistant supports the overall coordination and implementation of Manifesta’s broad range of fundraising activities.
- Collect information from the Artistic and the Production departments, draft project texts and draft budgets for grant applications.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for public and private funding partners and development of tailor-made sponsoring packages.
- Prepare and work out fundraising proposals and presentations (Powerpoint).
- Assist in assuring effective communication with all funders and partners of Manifesta 14, including drafting texts for financial and narrative reports.
- Co-represent Manifesta 14 to different stakeholders, including public partners, trusts and foundations, NGOs, corporate sponsors, and individual donors.
- Assist in the execution of supporter benefits including the preparation and organisation of VIP events, and acknowledgements such as logo placement across Manifesta 14 communication channels.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with the Development Coordinator of Manifesta 14 and Head of Development (draft interim reports, overviews, financial accounts).
- Maintain an efficient and accurate administration.
- Assist with organising activities and meetings for Manifesta's patrons, groups, and relations, working closely with the Audience Development team.
- Communicate effectively with the Manifesta team on all funding matters including gathering information for reporting purposes.
- Support the preparations for the Manifesta 14 Opening Days and related events for partners and funders.
- Update the relationship database.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University education to master’s degree level, preferably in field of Cultural Management or comparable experience.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in fundraising or similar work in field of culture or civil society in Kosovo, the Western Balkans, EU, and /or international context.
- Familiarity with funding sector: public partners (municipal, governmental), NGOs, foundations, sponsors.
- Excellence in spoken and written Albanian and English.
- Organization skills, ability to coordinate overlapping needs and timelines.
- Excellent communication, administration, and social skills.
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate with team members across departments.
- Competency in Microsoft Office 365, Dropbox, and similar.
- Creativity, a passion for arts, culture, and civil society.
- Discretion with confidential information.
PERIOD AND STATUS
Starting date: As soon as possible
End date: 31.12.2022 with possible extension
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your Motivation Letter and CV, both in English, with the reference Development Assistant Manifesta 14 Prishtina to Marieke van Hal, Head of Research and Development at Manifesta Foundation by 15 December 2021. E: email@example.com
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview.