Call for Applications
Deputy Chief of Party, Team Lead, and Specialist Positions | Pristina, Kosovo | 2021
Chemonics International seeks middle to senior-level specialists for the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Municipal Integrity Activity. The activity will address long-standing challenges related to corruption and poor quality service delivery by the Government of Kosovo by enhancing public financial management (PFM), with a focus on municipal procurement, and by reinforcing accountability mechanisms both within government and outside of government through civil society, the private sector, and media.
Through work with local governments, national accountability bodies, the private sector, civil society and media, the new Kosovo Municipal Integrity activity aims to contribute to Development Objective 1 of USAID’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (May 2020 - May 2025), namely, “Citizens are better served by accountable and effective governance institutions.”
All positions will be based in Pristina, Kosovo. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are recruiting for the following positions with experience in the illustrative following areas:
Deputy Chief of Party/ National Accountability Lead: Experience managing relationships with participating municipalities and other project stakeholders, including interfacing with national level government institutions and donors. Relevant experience demonstrating exceptional commitment to improving financial management and oversight at all levels of government.
Municipal Governance Lead: Experience working with municipalities and on a broad range of reforms in governance, service delivery, revenue management, and public-private engagement. Demonstrated capacity engage with elected officials, municipal government institutions. Proven ability to recognize institutional needs and create opportunities to effectively collaborate with stakeholders.
Public and Private Sector Engagement Lead: Experience bringing together civil society actors, non-governmental organization, representatives of the business community, members of the public to constructively engage with municipal government bodies to ensure transparent and responsible governance of public funds and effective programming based on private sector preferences.
Learning for Collaboration and Adaptive Management Director: Experience leveraging program data and stakeholder input to drive informed decision making within a collaborate management environment. Ability to blend objective data with needs-based priorities to motivate adaptive management approaches that ensure flexible, data driven decision-making and compelling stakeholder outreach that is responsive to USAID reporting and learning requirements.
The above positions should have a background in most of the following areas:
- Municipal public administration
- Municipal public outreach and strategic communications
- Socio-economic project development and implementation
- Gender, youth, non-majority, under-served groups’ inclusion
- Civil society/community/media engagement and advocacy
- Organizational capacity building
- Private sector engagement
Illustrative qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in public administration or other related relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in strengthening public accountability, improving community civic engagement, strengthening local governance, or capacity development in technical areas as listed above.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with counterparts within the Government of Kosovo, civil society organizations, private sector, donor programs or local media.
- Strong experience in capacity development, training, and mentoring.
- Experience with procurement procedures, grants management, and office operations while ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations
- Proficiency in English required; fluency in Albanian and/or Serbian language is required.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and CV to KosovoMunicipalIntegrity@chemonics.com no later than July 02, 2021. Please indicate relevant position in the subject line.