Position Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Position Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The 5-year USAID-funded Private Sector-Led Workforce Development activity in Kosovo is focused on leveraging the private sector in order to advance and develop the country’s workforce. Focused on strengthening the relationships between various system actors such as private sector businesses, education institutions and policy makers, this activity strives for the private sector to drive positive change through focusing support on high-growth industries and addressing both supply and demand sides of the ecosystem.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming USAID-funded economic growth program in Kosovo. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP), acts for the COP as needed, and carries out any other tasks assigned by the COP to ensure proper management of the project.
The DCOP works under the leadership of the COP and supports the COP in appropriate technical and coordination aspects of program.
- Seamless management of all operational aspects of project implementation including finances, office administration, human resources, security, procurement, local subcontractors, and grants (if required) in compliance with Creative and USG policies and procedures.
- Strong technical contributions to program activities and results.
The DCOP will oversee all aspects of project implementation through direct supervision of its project components, as directed by the COP.
- The DCOP will provide support to the Chief of Party (COP) in representational programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties; and liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements.
- Support the management and supervision of staff.
- Assist in the formulation of annual work plans, in cooperation with the Chief of Party, other project staff, USAID, and the host government.
- Develop and deliver reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports, and all relevant project deliverables.
- Masters’ degree or higher in business, economics, international development, agriculture, trade, or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum ten years implementing complex economic growth assistance projects in developing countries; of which five years was overseas in a management position that involved supervising staff, and of which one year must be working experience in/on fragile or post-conflict states;
- Previous experience in the private sector, particularly agriculture, agribusiness, export, trade, marketing, or other related sectors highly preferred;
- Experience effectively integrating gender and youth programming into development programs;
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience managing culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures; and
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills; local language fluency highly desired.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Creative Associates International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.