MANIFESTA 14 PRISHTINA
Profile: Creative Mediator Assistant
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Type: Full time
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalysing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place from July 22 until October 30, 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
The Production department is looking for an energetic, detail oriented
Creative Mediator Assistant to join the team.
The Creative Mediator Assistant is responsible for supporting the appointed Creative Mediator with daily tasks and activities. This role entails a large variety of responsibilities in close collaboration with the Creative Mediator, the invited artists, and the different Manifesta 14 departments, under the supervision of the Head of Production.
- Support the Creative Mediator with collecting and organizing research material, connecting to all departments of the Manifesta 14 team, communicating with invited artists and participants, and preparing materials for meetings,
- Organization of the Creative Mediator’s visits to Prishtina in collaboration with the Manifesta 14 Hospitality Assistant,
- Definition and management of schedules, appointments, and agendas of the Creative Mediator,
- Support to the artists with the research during their visits in Prishtina,
- Compilation of all informational material of the Creative Mediatorial and the artist’s projects
- Responsible for the fluid exchange of information between the Creative Mediator and the different departments of the Manifesta 14 team,
- Organizes, prepares, and documents research visits of the invited artists,
- Ensures complete and in-time delivery of project proposals by artists to the Creative Mediator and the entire production department,
- Distributes detailed information about loans within the production department (including artist name, title, year, medium, measures, lenders, and lender’s contact information),
- Ensures that projects’ information and news about artists reach the Manifesta 14 Communication department in time for marketing strategies and social media outputs,
- Collects and delivers artists’ information and their contribution for the catalogue and other publication,
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, art history, design, architecture, or related creative field,
- Proven working experience in contemporary cultural production, visual art and/or architecture,
- Proven knowledge of the contemporary context of Prishtina, as well as the history and development of the city and Kosovo at large,
- 2+ years of experience in similar arts related/exhibition environment,
- Mother tongue Albanian and professional fluency in English – both in written and Serbian and other languages are appreciated,
- Experience in cultural project planning within complex administrative contexts,
- Experience in interacting professionally with Creative Mediators, international and local artists, production, communication, and publication teams,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills,
- Ability to work collaboratively across several teams / departments,
- Willingness to work occasional extended hours and weekends,
- Excellent time management skills, highly organized, detail oriented and efficient,
- Excellent IT skills, working level of knowledge of MS Office suite,
Working location: Manifesta 14 office in Prishtina, Kosovo
Working period: November 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022
Gross salary range: 850 - 1050€/ month (Depending on qualifications and experience)
If you are interested, please send your application containing a motivation letter (max. 300 words) and a CV both in English and all combined in one pdf by Friday, October 15, 2021 via email to email@example.com (subject line PROD: Creative Mediator Assistant). Successful candidates will be invited to an interview, which will take place in the office in Prishtina (and/or via zoom) between October 20 and October 22, 2021.
Manifesta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.
We are looking forward to your application.
For more information about our organization, please visit our websites www.manifesta.org and www.manifesta14.org