Justice Activity in Kosovo
Recruitment For Court Liaison Officer
Chemonics seeks a candidate for the position of Court Liaison Officer for the USAID-funded Kosovo Justice Activity. The purpose of the Justice Activity is a more responsive justice system capable of providing people access to quality services and multiple means to solve their justice needs and every day legal problems to generate greater public trust in the justice system and the rule of law. This activity builds on USAID’s previous projects in Kosovo and lessons learned by USAID/Kosovo, local partners, and other donors.
The Activity is organized by three integrated objectives, 1) Quality and Accessibility of Justice Services Improved, 2) Citizen Understanding, Engagement, and Trust of the Justice System Improved, and 3) Effective Innovations in the Justice Sector Developed. Community-based activities under Objective 2 anchor the Justice Activity in Kosovo by defining the problems to be solved under Objectives 1 and 3.
With the purpose of supporting Objective 1 activities, the Court Liaison Officer will be a Justice Activity team member detailed to work directly with assigned courts both in Pristina and regionally. The Court Liaison will perform tasks such as, but not limited to :acting as a liaison between assigned courts and the rest of the Objective 1 team; monitoring implementation of activities; ensuring institutionalization of USAID investments and activities (past and present); and reporting out and troubleshooting with other Objective 1 members when issues arise. The Court Liaison Officer will support the Court Performance Specialist in day-to-day logistical support related to translations, support to visiting experts etc.
The Court Liaison will be deployed based on agreements reached between Justice Activity, the KJC and Courts and must be willing to travel throughout Kosovo and work at any assigned facility.
Tasks and Activities
The Court Liaison Officer will complete the following tasks and activities:
- Maintain communications with Justice Activity courts to report on progress in implementing goals, organize events, and arrange meetings for expatriate consultants with local organizations and officials, as needed.
- Assist and monitor development, advising the Court Improvement Teams to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery by Kosovo courts and their interaction with citizens.
- Attend, participate in, and/or report on formal and informal meetings with counterparts, including court presidents, judges, court personnel, and related groups, and project partners.
- Conduct research under tasks in the Work Plan as delegated by the Court Performance Specialist, prepare selected reports, and make recommendations for implementation.
- Support the preparation of operations and procedure resources for court personnel, as needed, and assist with written legal translation between English and Albanian and/or Serbian.
- Liaise with other USAID/Kosovo projects to avoid duplicity and utilize potential resources for project communications.
- Assist project work planning, reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and MEL data collection.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in law, or related field
- Two (2) years of professional work experience; justice sector work is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and independently
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Written and spoken English and Albanian and/or Serbian
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
This is a full-time position subject to annual contracts and renewable based on successful annual employment appraisals.
The duty post for this assignment is Pristina, Kosovo and regional locations as required.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 5th, 2021. Please write “Court Liaison Officer” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, meaning positions may be filled prior to the closing date. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.