Position Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Position Title: Chief of Party
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Chief of Party for the 5-year USAID-funded Private Sector-Led Workforce Development activity in Kosovo. The activity is focused on leveraging the private sector in order to advance and develop the country’s workforce. Focused on strengthening the relationships between various system actors such as private sector businesses, education institutions and policy makers, this activity strives for the private sector to drive positive change through focusing support on high-growth industries and addressing both supply and demand sides of the ecosystem.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the project’s overall management, technical approach, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with the USAID Agreement Officer’s Representatives (AOR). S/he will be responsible for providing the strategic vision for the Activities and will ensure the quality of the work and compliance with contractual obligations and results. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
- Ensure the project is operational and meets its objectives and anticipated outcomes
- Ensure key project deliverables are timely and approved
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, operational and logistical direction of the project;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on management and technical work;
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with Kosovan government officials, and senior-level national and country-level government officials;
- Lead coordination with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors;
- Act (legally) to conserve the company's assets;
- Execute powers of attorney on the company's behalf;
- Authorize legal representation of and litigation by the company;
- Execute any legal transactions that are within the nature and scope of the company's business;
- Execute signatory authority (including leasing, bank signatory, hiring, termination, and lease signing).
- Master’s degree or higher in business, economics, education, political science or other relevant field (alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing programs in EG, workforce development, or similar development projects;
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of donors;
- Experience in design and implementation of project operations, including financial management experience, such as budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Significant experience on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred;
- Prior experience in Kosovo or the Balkans is highly preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written English required.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.