- Requisition ID: INF00000C
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Grade: P3
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Sep 21, 2021
- External Closing Date: Oct 13, 2021
- Job Type: Contracted
- Job Level: Professional
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, combating human trafficking, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
OSCE missions and field activities are the front line of OSCE work in places that require assistance and are the agent through which political decisions are translated into action. Each mission has a different mandate, but generally work addresses early warning, preventive diplomacy, conflict management and post-conflict rehabilitation.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo promotes human rights, good governance and the safety of all people living in Kosovo by monitoring and supporting the work of local institutions. The Mission, established in 1999, is among the largest OSCE field operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Section is responsible for establishing and operating the ICT infrastructure, such as the LAN/WAN systems and infrastructure (file, e-mail, and print servers, firewalls, routers, and disaster recovery, VOIP telephony), VHF/UHF and Microwave networks, including repeaters throughout Kosovo and satellite systems mission-wide in accordance with OSCE ICT standards.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Administration and Finance, as Chief, ICT, you will be tasked with the following duties:
- In close co-operation with the Mission Senior Management and ICT and ICT counterparts in OSCE Secretariat, establishing the concept for setting up and implementing projects related to the expansion and upgrade of the ICT network, and be responsible for the overall maintenance of reliability and performance of the various networks in the OSCE Mission area;
- Providing input to OSCE-wide and local ICT policies, standard operating procedures, hardware/software acquisition guidelines, service level agreements and software licensing issues related to ICT technologies and the management of the ICT systems and managing local implementation;
- Formulating and overseeing the implementation of adequate security of the Mission's ICT systems to assure proper access control for ICT resources;
- Supervising the performance of ICT Section;
- Planning, reviewing and organizing the financial planning of ICT services and assets for the Mission;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Nationals of OSCE participating States, except for national or permanent residents of the duty station, are eligible to apply;
- First-level university degree in a communications or computer science related discipline;
- Minimum six years of professional experience in the conceptualization, installation, operation, preventive and corrective maintenance of communications and ICT networks;
- Professional experience in working with LAN/WAN networking systems;
- High degree of familiarity and experience with Microsoft operating systems and applications, Linux, Novell NOS, UNIX and IT Security solutions, end user, network and server hardware devices;
- Experience with WAN technologies, including VPN and VLAN administration, experience in Cisco technologies, including firewalls, routers, and switches;
- High familiarity with current telecommunications and radio systems, including microwave, satellites, VHF and UHF radio, and VOIP applications;
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills;
- Leadership skills and ability to plan, organize work and manage motivate staff;
- Ability to identify and to analyse the interrelationship between technical problems, to take corrective action, and to find solutions to problems in emergency situations;
- Prior field experience with the OSCE or another international organization is desirable;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Holding a valid driving license;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is approximately USD 5,176 to which is added Board and Lodging Allowance (currently EUR 119 per day). Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the OSCE Health insurance coverage scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.