*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Lead the MFI, building an organization that honors Christian values by positively impactingthe lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a particular focus on the rural areas of Kosovo.
- Create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks.
- Manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets.
- Work closely with WV to develop integrated livelihoods programmes, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation.
- Finally, to deal with all regulatory issues and lead the organization through the process of conversion into regulated deposit taking institution in the near future.
Strategic Financial Leadership:
- Advisor to the Executive Director and Senior Management on all matters relating to finance including the financial impact of KI’s strategic choices and recommending improvements to profitability.
- Ensure standard financial systems established are maintained in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over the KI’s resources and operations.
- Submit timely financial performance reports to the BOD, senior management, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that KI is implementing the grant(s) and investments in line with the agreed budgets and loan agreements and to discuss any deviations with the managers.
- Proactively building and maintaining lender relationships, identifying potential lenders and taking initiative in exploring new borrowing opportunities; developing relationships with key lenders (communication, reporting, compliance, etc.); negotiating contract, negotiating terms and conditions of loan agreements; and reporting to third party lenders, donors or any other, as per required guidelines.
- Ensure the monthly, quarterly and annual KosInvest reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- Continuous monitoring of the financial performance of the organization with emphasis in analyzing the organization’s performance as against its operational and business plans; Prepare and submit business plans and long-range financial forecasts as per requirement.
- Provides support to Head Office and the Branches in preparation of the business plan and preparation and monitoring of the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Ensures that branch plans are incorporated into an overall business plan and projections model.
- Leads finance team; ensures reconciliations, analysis and research are accurate and timely; ensures system records are maintained and backed up on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Prepare and document month-end closing of the General Ledger, as per KI procedures.
- Take primary responsibility for the year-end closing procedures required by the Partnership Office and the year–end closing local procedures.
Policies and Procedures and Continuous Improvement:
- Establishes, reviews, and updates financial policies and procedures.
- Maintains the finance management manuals, and ensures that all changes related to policies and procedures would be incorporated in the manual.
- Acts as a member of the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) and furnishes the ALCO with the necessary information for them to make “sound, viable decisions”.
- Performs functions specified by the BOD and/or ALCO in relation to establishing broad guidelines for the institution’s tolerance for risk, and expectations from investment.
- Introduces measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial statements and reports prepared with reference to the affairs of VF MFI.
- Drives innovation and efficiency in the Financial department through either commissioning or directly project managing financial system improvements.
Liquidity and Assets:
- Measures and controls the institution’s funding requirements.
- Manages access to funds; Makes proactive periodic assessment of liabilities and liability holders; Explores borrowing arrangements.
- Ensures that there is adequate control and availability of cash and other assets (budgetary management and control) according to laid down policies.
- Develops contingency plans to withstand liquidity crises, and updates the contingency plans, as the need arises.
- Recommends to the ALCO and Board of Directors policies or changes on policies on liquidity and funds management, and ensures timeliness, applicability, and practicality of these policies.
- Maintain accountability for KI’s fixed assets. Ensure integrity of data included in the fixed asset system through reconciliation of subsidiary ledger to the General Ledger. Supervise a periodic physical inventory and reconcile it to existing asset records.
- Ensures absolute compliance to regulations on liquidity, capital adequacy, and provisioning; as well as to reporting requirements set by regulatory body “CBK’, local tax authorities and other regulators.
- Attends to inquiries, on-site or off-site, from the Central Bank, other regulators, and external auditors, and provides due assistance to the regulators and external auditors during audit/examination.
- Proactively perform an internal control function continuously by reviewing the finance function for compliance with accounting standards and with VisionFund International. Resolve identified compliance deviations, system weaknesses and personnel training issues related thereto.
Supervision and Training:
- Provides the Finance Department staff the necessary training and other support to enable them to fulfil their duties and develop.
- Supervises, monitors, and evaluates the work of the finance staff and provides input to the annual staff appraisal exercise.
- Provide leadership, management and day-to-day role modelling of behavior and attitudes, which exemplify KI’s and VFI’s vision, mission and core values;Carry out other additional duties and responsibilities needed as may be assigned by the Executive Director on a daily/monthly basis.
Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Prevention of Terrorism:
- Serve as Representative of KosInvest for the AML requirements.
- Make sure that KosInvest is in compliance with the Law on AML.
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures as per Law on AML.
- Make sure the policies and procedures are followed.
- Raise awareness on Anti Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorism Law; and if required train KI staff members on the same matter.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior leadership position with proven team leadership skills;
- University degree in Economics or equivalent one;
- Certified accountant (international accounting standards);
- Strong understanding about business administration;
- Planning, budgeting and analysing skills;
- Strong understanding about financial management – risk, debt, cash flow, assets, liabilities;
- Proven problem solving skills, self-starting, hands-on attitude, attention to detail and timetables;
- Experience with computerized accounting systems;
- Advanced MS office and Excel skills;
- Strong written and oral English language skills;
- Proven ability to set directions and align people using good inter-personal skills;
- Demonstrated ability for teamwork approach to planning and problem-solving;
- Demonstrated ability to work in accordance with KosInvest Values, understanding of and commitment to VisionFund’s vision, mission, goals, and core values.
- MBA in Finance.
- Experience in risk management.
- Experience working with banks, financial institutions or auditing firms.
- Experience with Microfin.
- Experience of working in a multi-national mission-driven organization.
- Experience of writing reports and making presentations to Board of Directors.
- Experience of external negotiations.
Only National applicants will be considered.
Closing date: 14 July 2020.