The American School of Kosova is looking for a full time Character Values Discipline Coordinator for the academic school year 2021-22.
If you are passionate about implementing positive discipline, we would love to meet you!
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Build a proactive program to promote Virtues of Character, with the aim of eliminating a discipline problem before it begins
- Oversee and supervise the management of student attendance and discipline records
- Establish steps and procedures to handling challenging students and standards for conduct
- Communicate to parents, teachers and staff regarding infractions of the code of conduct, academic integrity or other policies
- Assist faculty in the organization and planning of campus-wide events and programs
- Participate in the creating and implementing of the campus's emergency evacuation and preparedness plan
- Organize academic intervention programs, including detention, suspention, study hall and lunch detention
- Mentor and council at-risk students and students in need of additional staff support
- Assist in the implementation of policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to student behavior and attendance.
- Assist teachers with behavior management plans and strategies.
- Serve as an instructional resource for intervention and equity services to support the development and growth of equitable systems and practices within the school.
- Work with student services staff in providing guidance and motivation for student success and in collaboratively developing plans for students who struggle.
- Meet with parent, faculty, and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Perform supervision of students during unstructured times such as before and after school, during passing times and during lunch periods.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or closely related field preferred.
- Training on equity, diversity and culturally responsive pedagogy, as well as a willingness to extend his or her professional development in these areas preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills when dealing with students, parents and staff
- Ability to prepare and make effective presentations promoting programs within the school
- Ability to analyze data regarding the effectiveness of programs and initiatives within the school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with administration, teachers, students, and parents.
The ideal candidate is a professional educator who strives to create an environment of learning that fosters self-discipline and enthusiasm within the classroom and throughout the school. He or she has an emotional intelligence that allows professional reflection and a high level of collaboration with colleagues. He or she is capable of communicating effectively and respectfully with all members of the community.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com latest by October 20, 2021 by specifying in the subject line the position you are applying for.
- Cover letter