As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. Working under difficult conditions, GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Project “Fit for Jobs”, is searching for following:
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
for supporting the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation in developing and revising primary and secondary legislative acts-Education expert
SHORT PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
The German Government through German Development Cooperation (GIZ) project Fit for Jobs aims to increase employment of Kosovar youth by improving the quality of vocational training and job search services as well as a stronger orientation in the labour market. The project operates in four field of actions that include: Facilitating the transition from lower secondary schools to vocational education and training; Promoting the systemic involvement of the private sector in vocational education and training; Anchoring the labor market orientation of (vocational) education in the respective reform policies and strategies; Improving the transition from vocational education or unemployment to the labour market. GIZ has supported the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI) over the past years in developing and revising different policies, laws and sub legal acts that regulates different aspects of the of education system in Kosovo.
In agreement with MESTI, the focus of these consultancies will be to support MESTI on the development and revision of primary and secondary legislation in the area of preuniversity and Vocational and Education Training (VET). The developed and revised legislation will serve as a solid basis for improving the legal infrastructure by being in line with other applicable legal acts.
- Familiarize with documents related to the education sector and conduct analyses of the legislative acts in the education area
- Support MESTI to identify the needs for content related amendment or develop the foreseen legal and/or sublegal acts
- Facilitate workshops and meetings with the working group of MESTI
- Incorporate content wise feedback from workshop discussions into reviewed/developed legal and/or sublegal acts
- Support MESTI to finalize legal acts based on the suggestions provided by the working group
The contracted local consultant will have to organize and implement the above-mentioned tasks in the period from November 2021–June 2022.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
- University Degree in Education or related social science fields (Master or equivalent)
- At least 5years of professional experience in reviewing and developing policies, legal and sublegal acts in the field of education
- In depth knowledge of policies and legal bases in education sector
- Knowledge of current challenges and discourses within Kosovo’s education sector
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian, and English skills.
The applying consultant needs to proof experience in the field of general education and VET. A complete application therefore should contain:
- At least 2 Reference Letters.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English language. The deadline for submitting the application is 01.11.2021 at 15:00, via email at: XK_Quotation@giz.de, titled/labeled as “Education expert -83394682”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.