As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, is announcing as following:
Call for expressions of interest
The GIZ project “German Information Center for Migration, Vocational Training and Career” invites qualified experts to submit expression of interest for Support in establishing career offices of (four) public universities in Kosovo
The career office mission will be to facilitate meaningful connections through partnerships and to develop student career communities and networks for students and alumni. By supporting the career offices, the GIZ-DIMAK aims to increase capacity building of universities, reduce the number of unemployment among graduates —and indirectly impact the number of irregular migration as a result. GIZ-DIMAK’s aim is to strengthen the competencies of young people by providing opportunities for vocational training, studies, internships or employment.
GIZ-DIMAK provides extended support to the Universities, with special focus on the career offices which support students through the many stages of their career development.
In order to identify the needs of the Universities/career offices, a needs assessment mission should be carried out as agreed with the heads of universities that will tackle the difficulties concerning accreditation of new programs and the limited functionality of those centers.
In total, the project seeks one local career expert/consultants, for the public universities (4) four in total:
- “Ise Boletini” Mitrovice
- “Haxhi Zeka” Peje
- “Ukshin Hoti” Prizren
- “University of applied sciences of Ferizaj” Ferizaj
The consultancy contains three phases:
- First phase - A baseline report which should be submitted to the GIZ/DIMAK and each of universities included. This report should include needs assessment report, organograms, workshop and findings from visits and desk researches about situation for each Career offices, training manuals and final manuals about office equipment’s of career offices.
- Second phase - Report on each finding researches, recommendation documented manuals etc.
- Third phase - Final Report, collect all the phases, documents, files, manuals, research findings and recommendations.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
- Legal details of the applicant (registration and/or certification documentation, name, postal address bank information etc.),
- Qualification details of the applicant (CV, reference letters, similar experiences on the field of career orientation)
- Education level required for this consultancy (at least master’s degree in psychology, social sciences or a similar field doctoral degree in psychology and career counselling/orientation field are highly recommended).
- Experience – at least 5 years of work experience in psychosocial and career counselling/coaching, (as well as therapeutic experience with potential students in career orientation for individuals or groups).
- Recognised experience in setting-up and implementation of trainings
Interested experts are invited to submit expression of interest in English language.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13.07.2020. The application must be submitted in PDF format via email to: XK_Inquiry@giz.de Please ensure that the subject line is labelled as: “Expression of Interest in Consultancy for supporting the Career Offices of the Public Universities – VN: 83357987”.
Only shortlisted experts will be notified for further application procedures!