MANIFESTA 14 PRISHTINA
Profile: Audience Development Assistant
Who are we?
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place from July 22 until October 30, 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
What can Manifesta offer you:
- Excellent training facilities
- Access to international network of professionals
- Exciting working environment with English speaking professionals
- Outstanding working conditions
- Nice and open, transparent organisation with young colleagues from all over the world
- Competitive payment schedule
The Marketing and Communication department is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented marketeer to join the Audience Development team.
A member of Manifesta’s team based in Prishtina, the Audience Development Assistant will assist the Audience Development Coordinator, who is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, with the development of Manifesta’s audiences, maintaining and developing a strong network for Manifesta and creating marketing campaigns and programmes for Manifesta’s public. He/she assists the Audience Development Coordinator with creating partnerships with European tourism and travel agencies, creating packages for international cultural organisations and VIP groups, as well as arts academies. Furthermore, working together with the Audience Development Coordinator and the Marketing Coordinator, the assistant will help setting up commercial partnerships in order to boost Manifesta’s public national and regional attendance. For Manifesta 14 Prishtina this will entail creating regional partnerships across the Western Balkan in order to promote the cultural wealth of the region. Additionally, the assistant will support in organising and producing events for different audiences.
The Audience Development Assistant sits in the Marketing and Communication department and will join the Audience development sub-team, together with the Audience Development Coordinator, the Marketing Coordinator and the Opening Coordinator.
- Assist in identifying and analysing the profile of targeted audiences, both across Europe, as well as specifically for Prishtina, Kosovo and the wider region;
- Assist in setting up and coordinating business and media partnerships (e.g. hotels, airports, festivals) in order to increase Manifesta 14 Prishtina’s public attendance;
- Assist in developing and maintaining the international network of organised groups (e.g. donors/patrons of international museums) visiting Manifesta, ensure smooth and regular communication with key organisations;
- Assist in developing an international visiting programme to Manifesta for art professionals, curators and art students;
- Assist in developing the right communication tools (e.g. mailings, invitations) to boost audiences and the diversity thereof;
- Assist in developing tools for navigating the city and the biennial to increase visitor’s experience (e.g. Manifesta branding and helpdesks at the airport and across the city, WiFi-access at the main venues, suggestions for restaurants);
- Assist in maintaining the CRM system of Manifesta;
- Assist in setting up events, hosting and catering different audiences, during the opening days, but also along the 100-day period, in close collaboration with the Opening Coordinator and the Marketing Coordinator.
Required skills and experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in logistics, organising and producing events in Prishtina, Kosovo (preferably in the cultural and artistic field)
- Good understanding of the cultural and event sector in Prishtina (theater, film, music, etc.)
- Good awareness of local cultural nuances, audiences and media landscape - Experience in logistics and operational side of events
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to interact with an international team, as part of a larger structure - Excellent spoken and written in Albanian and English
- Hands-on with a strong attention to detail and quality standards
- Team player, able to cooperate and work under guidelines
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment and according to deadlines
- Flexibility - working hours outside regular scheme
- Working location: Prishtina, Kosovo
- Working period: February 2022 – End of November 2022, full-time
- Salary to be discussed at the interview
We accept candidates either based in Kosovo or those who are from Kosovo and see their future professional development in their home country.
How to apply: Please send your letter of motivation (max 500 words) and CV, both in English, with the reference Manifesta 14 Audience Development Assistant to Sophie Schade, Audience Development Coordinator at Manifesta 14 Prishtina, by the 22nd of December 2021.
Successful candidates will be invited to an online interview, which will be scheduled in the w/c the 3rd of January 2022.
Manifesta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.