As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Fit for Jobs project is seeking to fill the position of:
Policy Advice on Employment-Oriented (Vocational) Education
The overall purpose of the post
To improve the employability of Kosovar young people, individual and organizational capacities of general and vocational schools under the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI), the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment office and private sector enterprises and institutions will be promoted. The active engagement of companies in vocational education, the introduction of school development plans, the integration of labour market-relevant regular and extracurricular offers in secondary and vocational schools as well as the organization and development of the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment offices support the reforms in the partner organizations. The systemic anchoring takes place through policy advice on the design of strategies, laws and regulations as well as the initiation and monitoring of cooperation mechanisms of relevant state and non-state actors. A special focus of the project activities will be to support the reintegration of returnees. The implementation also draws on the experiences and lessons learnt from two predecessor projects in the fields of basic education, vocational education and youth employment promotion.
The Advisor will be mainly in charge to support the implementation of the GIZ project’s activities in vocational education and training with an emphasis on policy and strategic advice for the partner ministry MESTI and EARK and subordinated institutions. He/she will closely coordinate with the advisor for employment-oriented education to ensure a coherent employment promotion strategy for the entire education sector
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Advisor is responsible to:
- Support the planning, implementing and monitoring of project activities related to Vocational Education and Training (VET), private sector cooperation, career orientation and labor market measures
- Provide advisory services and technical assistance to the MESTI, EARK and subordinated institutions in matters relating to the labor market orientation and general improvement of the education system, especially VET
- Provide gender-sensitive political advisory services on the design of laws, regulations and instructions by project partners
- Organize and participate in meetings, workshops, study visits, and capacity development measures as scheduled by the project
- Facilitate and document the workshops, round tables, seminars and meetings with stakeholders on the municipal and national level
- Elaborate the studies and concept papers for policy advice addressed to MESTI, EARK and its subordinated bodies
- Context-sensitive implementation of the concepts and tools developed as part of the project.
- Ensure quality reporting of activities
- Actively contribute to the overall and annual planning of project activities
- Ensure a harmonized presence of GIZ and the project towards the partners
- Ensure compliance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Carry out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project
- Support the external and GIZ internal communication.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences, education or a related field or equivalent professional experience (proven writing and conceptualization skills).
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a comparable position with international organizations or public institutions in Kosovo or other agencies.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English language; knowledge of German is an asset
- Strong communication skills, both in written and verbally
- Very good coordination and organizational skills
- Strong advisory, analytical, networking and interpersonal skills
- High sensitivity towards Kosovar political institutions and the related communication
- Good knowledge of approaches and instruments in the field of basic education/ career orientation
- Good knowledge of the Kosovar business sector
- Very good network with civil society organizations in Kosovo
- Interest and active engagement in the company’s / country office’s structures beyond the own project (e.g., involvement in sector networks; working groups) is highly appreciated
- Integrity, flexibility and motivation are important traits for this and other positions in this
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: January 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor Policy Advice on Employment-Oriented (Vocational) Education– Fit for Jobs
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 29th of November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.