As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and Global Programme „Digital Transformation“ with its component “Digitalisation of Micro and Small businesses to increase their resilience in the crisis” jointly financed by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union (EU) is seeking to fill the position of:
The overall purpose of the post
Strongly interlinked with the Digital Transformation Center (Digital Transformation Center - ITP) as an integral part of the Innovation and Training Park (ITP) Prizren the component “Digitalisation of Micro and Small businesses to increase their resilience in the crisis” jointly financed by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union (EU) is designed along four intervention areas to support the further development of Kosovo businesses and increase their resilience and agility through the process of digitalisation and digital transformation. First, it will realise trainings and re-trainings on IT and digital skills for either persons who are unemployed as a consequence of the COVID-19 crisis or ones employed with micro and small sized enterprises (MSEs) with a need for upskilling, especially focused on youth and women. Moreover, the component will support non-ICT MSEs (preferred to be owned or led by women) on traditional business models to develop and implement digital strategies. It will further work on an enhancement of the capacities of the Kosovo Research and Education Network (KREN) for e-learning among primarily the private sector, especially MSEs, as well as capacity building measures with perspective to the sustainable usage of the KREN in terms of e-learning and beyond. Lastly, the component will promote and implement activities in the field of applied research by local universities and research institutions in collaboration with Kosovo’s private sector, as well as technology transfer.
The Advisor will be in charge to support the implementation of activities in all four intervention areas with a specific focus on relevant activities to promote and enhance digitalisation and digital transformation among especially mirco and small sized enterprises in Kosovo and its workforce incl. collaborative research and development (R&D) activities to innovate and introduce new products and services and thus to increase businesses’ resilience, competitiveness and sustainability in the domestic market and beyond.
Main task and responsibilities
The Advisor will be responsible for:
- Develop ownership for the overall concept of the component and its delivery; pro-actively identify opportunities and support the international Advisor in updating the component approach based on the needs of its direct beneficiaries
- Support to promote digitalisation and digital transformation among the business community in Kosovo, especially MSEs with traditional business models; including the implementation of relevant activities in this field
- Contribute to evaluate the demand of IT and digital skills in the Kosovar economy and to tender and monitor the implementation of (re-)trainings
- Support to promote applied research by local universities and research institutions in cooperation with Kosovo’s private sector, as well as technology transfer; including the implementation of relevant activities in this field
- Contribute to the exchange with and between partners of the component, e.g. businesses, vocational education and training (VET) providers, chambers of commerce and business associations, public and private universities, related development projects or others, and support to build relevant networks and partnerships
- Support to design, organise and implement additional capacity building or any other activities of the component
- Plan, prepare, participate and moderate in workshops and events
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the component
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with Monitoring and Evaluation for the component
- Support in general component related duties.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in a relevant field of Economics, Business Administration, Digital Business, Social Sciences or similar.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant position
- Experience with private sector development and employment promotion; preferably with relation to innovation and digitalisation
- Experience in the field of vocational education and training; preferably in relation to IT and digital skills
- Experience in the field of digital transformation of traditional businesses, especially of micro, medium and small size (e.g. enterprise software development or implementation, digital business models, etc.)
- Knowledge about applied research and technology transfer by and through universities in cooperation with and to the private sector
- Experience with perspective to funding programmes in the field of research and innovation (e.g. Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe) is an asset
- Experience with the work for an international development agency like GIZ or a NGO is an asset
- Experience with EU-funded projects is an asset
- Knowledge about administrative procedures in development projects, especially in relation to financing (grants) and procurement of services or equipment, is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- A proactive approach, thinking outside the box, flexibility and self-motivation and self-responsibility are of highest relevance for this position
- Strong advisory, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders in the field of private sector development in Kosovo or preferably also in the region
- Excellent knowledge of English; German is an added value.
Location: GIZ Kosovo-Innovation and Training Park, Prizren
Expected start date: February 2022
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor Digitalisation – Component
“Digitalisation of Micro and Small businesses to increase their resilience in the crisis”
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 28th of December 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.