The Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) project, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), continues to support the implementation of the national health sector reform agenda and complements other donor-supported programmes with a focus on the primary health care level (PHC). The AQH second phase 4-year project aims to stimulate use of quality PHC services by all Kosovo citizens, with particular attention to the needs and inclusion of socially vulnerable populations. The project is implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute.
The project is seeking applicants for the following position:
- Provide administrative and logistic support to project management in relation to plan, implement and evaluate all project activities.
- Close collaboration with project stakeholders to assist in organizing and implementing project meetings, workshops, training events.
- Assist with translation of project materials as required.
Master degree in Business Administration with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience.
- Support the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader to plan, implement and evaluate activities in compliance with the agreed annual project plans
- Establish and maintain relevant administrative routines, in accordance with AQH Project Manual
- Establish and maintain all project files and archives ensuring that all important documents are kept electronically and in hard copy and maintain project records
- Ensure efficient, cost effective IT systems are in place which meet project requirements
- Negotiate and manage, within the given limits of responsibility, all framework contracts for the implementation of project activities ensuring value for money and full compliance with AQH procedures
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of project assets
- Manage Logistics Officer and Support Officer and ensure they are able to perform their functions
- Ensure that internal and external communications systems function effectively and efficiently
- Organisation of project meetings and produce minutes of meetings where necessary
- Assist in translation of documents and during meetings as required
- Assist HQ with logistics for visiting consultants/back stopping team visits
- Assure administrative and logistic support for health service training programmes and for implementation of the AQH action research agenda, when applicable
- Work with the Team Leader to ensure that the staff and assets of project staff are safe and secure
- Ensure that all safety and security minimum operating standards are met
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the office premises, facilities assets and equipment and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized
- Responsible for documentation and recording of fixed assets of the project
- Ensure adequate insurance cover and keep up to date with suitability and types of cover available
- Maintain adequate office supplies and other supplies needed for project implementation
- Ensure planned preventive maintenance is carried out to high standard with minimum disruption to programme activities
- Ensure that accidents and insurance claims are properly handled
- Minimum of five years of working experience as administrator/finance officer or Office Manager in project implementation with international NGOs or development agencies
- University degree/documented experience in Business Administration/Human Resources
- Knowledge of programme planning and reporting procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships and teambuilding
- Work experience with Ministries and decentralized public authorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Albanian and Serbian
- High level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and cooperation and to the organizational and programmatic goals of the project
- Full driving license and willingness to travel as required.
This is full-time position open only to national experts.
Qualified applicants should e-mail: 1) Curriculum Vitae; 2) Three references and 3) Cover letter explaining why they are qualified for the position to AQH Project Officer at email@example.com
All documents should be in English. Please specify the position you apply under e-mail subject.
Closing date for submission of applications is Wednesday, 8th July 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will take place week commencing 20th July 2020.