Functional title: Spatial/Urban Planning Consultant with focus in technical infrastructure, agriculture and forestry
Duty station of assignment: Home-based work and Vushtrri (or Prishtina) office (depending on the pandemic situation)
Contract type: Consultancy Assignment (IC)
Duration of assignment: Up to maximum 40 working days within the period from 18 September 2020 to 30 November 2020
Closing date for applications: 2 September 2020.
Purpose of the assignment
The general purpose of the assignment is to draft the narrative part (definition, usage, development conditions, construction conditions, protective measures and action plan) of the respective zones: transport network, technical infrastructure (public services), forestry, agriculture, touristic zones, water surfaces and protected zone, mining reserves and exploitation fields, overlay zones (erosion, flooding, earthquake etc., as part of the overall drafting process of the Municipal Zoning Map (MZM) of Vushtrri, by coordinating closely together with the assigned spatial/urban planning advisor and planners in Vushtrri, as well as the respective municipal planning officers of the Municipality. The incumbent should also liaise with central level institutions in matters related to technical infrastructure as required.
Skill Sets Required
A range of skills will be required: spatial and urban planning; transport; environmental planning; agriculture; forestry; technical infrastructure; disaster risk assessment and management; ability to collect, record and interpret data and maps; ability to interpret legislative framework relating to planning and a good working knowledge of the Law on Spatial Planning, Spatial Planning Technical Norms, and other laws/bylaws related to the drafting of MZM, respectively thematic fields (transport network, technical infrastructure (public services), forestry, agriculture, touristic zones, water surfaces and protected zone, mining reserves and exploitation fields, overlay zones (erosion, flooding, earthquake)) addressed within MZM.
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the appointed UN-Habitat’s Spatial/Urban Planning Advisor, the Spatial/Urban Planning Consultant will be responsible for performing the following main tasks:
- Analyse existing planning documents at municipal level (Municipal Development Plan, sectoral plans etc), relevant strategies, reports, respective collected data and newly developed maps related to the transport network, technical infrastructure (public services), forestry, agriculture, touristic zones, water surfaces and protected zone, mining reserves and exploitation fields, overlay zones (erosion, flooding, earthquake etc.);
- Analyse the respective legal framework (including spatial planning technical norms) related to spatial/urban planning and following zones: transport network, technical infrastructure (public services), forestry, agriculture, touristic zones, water surfaces and protected zone, mining reserves and exploitation fields, overlay zones (erosion, flooding, earthquake etc.);
- Analyse the action plan of the Municipal Development Plan, and draft the new action plan for the above mentioned zones (by using the template developed by team of planners in Vushtrri) and based on recent developments in Vushtrri (ongoing projects, planned projects/actions, measures) and in close consultation with planners and municipal staff responsible for MZM;
- Organize consultative meetings with spatial planners (responsible for Vushtrri), respective municipal staff responsible for technical infrastructure (Department of Public Services, Urbanism Department and other related departments); public regional companies, relevant institutions/ministries and other related stakeholders (if needed) during the drafting process;
- Draft the narrative part of technical infrastructure zone, and integrate potential comments given spatial/urban planning advisor and respective municipal staff;
- Identify/record (in consultation with municipal staff and planners) the actual and future investments (name of the project, location, budget, etc.) for each above-mentioned zone;
- Provides information (if needed) the GIS Consultant when finalizing the technical infrastructure maps (planning part);
- Participate regularly in online (zoom, skype etc) or direct consultative meeting with respective planners and municipal staff;
- Provide logistical and administrative support and perform any other tasks which may be required by the nature of the activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an email quoting the post title and the duty station to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Cover letter explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Completion of a CV in P11 Form which can be downloaded at: http://unhabitat-kosovo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/p11_form.doc The CV shall include information on the past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
- Financial Proposal. The offeror’s letter including form for the financial proposal can be downloaded at: http://unhabitat-kosovo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Financial_proposal_IC.docx
Deadline for applications: 2 September 2020 UN-Habitat does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: email@example.com