Request for offers:
For ideation and development of mobile app for Child Protection Hub platform
The Child Protection Hub is a project implemented by the Regional Office of Terre des hommes (Tdh) in South-East Europe, Tdh Albania, Tdh Kosovo, Tdh Romania, Tdh Moldova and other NGOs: Save the Children North West Balkans in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Know-how Centre for alternative care for children in Bulgaria, Brave Phone in Croatia, Centre for Youth Integration in Serbia. The aim of the project is to systematically gather and promote knowledge on child protection, provide new opportunities for building the capacity of child protection professionals (including online ones) and offer a virtual space to them for exchange and peer support.
The essence of this project is based on the mobilization and connection facilitated and supported between various agencies and professionals combining different expertise and knowledge (be it on thematic issues, disciplines, or domains), linked up at national and regional levels, through a virtual platform, the backbone of the project.
The Child Protection Hub is an interactive platform for professionals to exchange experiences and knowledge, learn from each other, offer and receive support. The virtual platform and its services serve as a catalyst to create a community of practices between these actors at different levels and across levels who are supported and equipped to generate new knowledge and evidences, support skills development and promote improved practices to emulate a process of continuous improvements in child protection practices and policies in the region.
On the Child Protection Hub the professionals can learn and explore via the available resources for quick learning, such as podcasts, videos, and other, as well as webinars, resources for trainers and different materials for independent learning, can connect and exchange, benefiting from our rewarding membership, searching for colleagues, discussing with them or joining case discussions.
Users and page views by device category in 2020 so far: by desktop 63.200 users, 231.285 views; by mobile 61.783 users, 138.308 views; by tablet 2.207 users, 4.919 views.
We are searching for a consultant to develop, design, and assist in the launch of a mobile app for the ChildHub web platform with features aimed to support the ChildHub users to learn and deepen their knowledge and/or build up and strengthen the cooperation among them. Through a thorough understanding of ChildHub project and virtual platform the consultant is expected to proactively suggest basic functionalities for a mobile application and innovative ideas also to engage and empower our user. The consultant has to design the application so that future integrations are easy to implement.
The mobile app should be available on Android and IOS devices as well, but the priority is the Android.
The consultant will carry out this assignment by working in accordance with the agile software development methodology with sprints of three days reporting and weekly reports on work progress. The design and software development process will include regular check-ins to re-assess progress, check priorities, and adapt specific details. However, all of the contracted features have to be implemented within the agreed timeframe.
Interested consultants should provide an estimate of all costs associated with the service. Tdh will evaluate the proposals to determine which consultant meets the organization's requirements.
The work can be done at distance.
It is expected that the consultant will:
- Meet with Tdh staff to determine/confirm requirements (Needs Assessment)
- Create wireframes to show how people will use it and to demonstrate how the application will look like.
- Provide graphic design proposals (at least 3 proposals to be submitted for review) and
- Wireframes and design submitted for review and approval, using a collaborative platform for prototyping.
- Develop an application focused on simplicity, great performance, and attractive design.
- The data displayed on the application from an existing source should update automatically.
The following basic requirements for the application have been identified:
o General information pages
o Directory of support services
o Document and resource library
o News and events
o Multimedia, videos, and podcasts
o Social media sharing
o Registration and newsletter subscription
o Offline access to documents
o Profile management
o Multi-language support
o Planned integration of future products
The consultant should produce the following outputs during the period of the consultancy:
- A plan and estimated timeline for the project.
- The Project Completion Report and accompanying remote online presentation to Tdh staff.
- Version control repository: Application source code, multimedia assets, and database schema used.
- All supporting media files, images, sound and video.
- Final TWA Project and APK file.
- Application submitted to Google Play Store/App Store.
- Developer documentation.
- User manual.
- Short video for the end user explaining how to use the application.
- The consultant should be a technology consultant or company with a proven record of innovation in the web and mobile web platform and application field.
- The company should have a proven record of websites, web applications, mobile web applications, Progressive Web Apps, and be able to produce samples of their work or applications they developed before.
- The company should have a team of experts that include technology experts and coders, web, and mobile platform innovation experts. Working knowledge of international development issues and agendas is an asset.
- Knowledge of the cultural environment we are working in (South-East Europe)
- Customer orientation
- English proficiency
- Offeror should be willing and able to sign the contract in English and should also be able to provide all supporting documents in English
- Offeror should be able to issue an invoice
- Offeror needs to be willing to comply with TDHs procurement procedures, including extensive screening
- Experience in developing similar not-for-profit websites is an added value.
Duration of work
- Estimated start of work: Beginning of September 2020, estimated end of work: October 31st 2020.
- The consultant will work remotely, and will be available during Tdh core working hours during implementation: 9am to 3pm GMT+1.
- The ability to support the implementation and training project phase in an extended contract will be considered in the selection process.
Warranty and technical support
- The consultant will provide a 60-day warranty starting from the submission date of the invoice relating to the final delivery. The consultant will provide without delay any updates to the application and/or content and/or documentation if errors are found. The consultant should indicate in his proposal what is covered by the warranty.
- A point of contact of the Tdh will directly supervise the contractor. The consultant will be responsible to, report to and seek approval/acceptance of outputs.
- The progress on the project must be reported weekly with a possibility of frequent follow-ups as needed.
- The consultant will use the Tdh Google Play Store account (or other account designated by the Tdh staff) to publish the app.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The Intellectual Property Rights of the application will rest with Tdh. The selected consultant will provide the source code of the application to Tdh at the time of sign-off.
Please send your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org within August 31 th 2020 including the following:
- Profile of the company (seat of the company, address, e-mail, VAT number, registration documentation)
- CV indicating relevant experience, competences and academic background of the developer or the team members
- Portfolio and some references
- Brief outline with the general concept, methodology, and architecture of the app
- Proposed work schedule/timeline including the number of days required. The consultant should indicate in his proposal what is covered by the warranty.
- Financial proposal including all costs needed to produce the deliverables. Feature-based pricing linked to timeline suggestion and payment schedule.
- Signed Tdh Code of Conduct and Confidentiality statement (see below)
- All proposals will remain valid and open for acceptance for a period of 90 calendar days after the deadline for submission of proposals. A proposal valid for a shorter period may be rejected.
- No proposal may be modified subsequent to the deadline for submission of proposals.
- The proposals prepared by the proposer and all correspondence and documents relating to the proposal exchanged by the proposer should be written in English.
All offerors have to be familiar and have to agree to the content of the following documents. These have to be signed, scanned and emailed as part of the offer package.
Terre des hommes’ Code of Conduct:
According to both Tdh’s Policy and contractual commitments, screening is required before signing contract with the contractor.