CALL FOR APPLICATION – CONSULTANCY
- Position Title Psychologist
- Duty Station: Pristina, Vranidoll, Regional police registration centre
- Classification: Consultancy
- Type of Appointment Consultancy, 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start date: As soon as possible
- Reference Code: CFCV-2020/0702-C
Established in 1951, IOM is a related agency of the United Nations, and as the leading UN Agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In coordination and partnership with UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders, IOM in Kosovo is implementing a regional project “Addressing Covid-19 challenges within the migrant and refugee response in the Western Balkans” aiming to protect migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and other vulnerable persons by ensuring that systems and services in place are supported, reinforced and can be quickly adapted to the measures that must be implemented in response to the covid-19 outbreak.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator successful candidate will be responsible for providing counselling, referral and other services to migrants. The incumbent will be assigned to the following tasks:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conduct psychosocial assessments in a culturally sensitive manner and identify protection needs of vulnerable migrants in the reception center and regional police registration centers;
- Provide reports and recommendations on beneficiaries’ needs and coordinate with responsible service providers on follow-up assistance, when needed;
- When requested, provide direct psychosocial support, respecting the confidentiality and rights of migrants;
- Provide recommendations to reduce migrants’ risk and vulnerability inside and outside reception facilities;
- Provide advice in case of identification of potential victims of human trafficking;
- Carry out relevant duty travel within Kosovo as required;
- Provide advice to project staff as well as reception centre personnel on psychological aspects of dealing with vulnerable migrants
- Provide reports to the supervisors on a case-by-case basis.
- Comply with the IOM Standards of Conduct and the IOM Confidentiality Agreement. Always maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanor. Maintain positive working relationships within the IOM colleagues and government officials. Maintain confidentiality and discretion in treating applicants’ personal information.
- Immediately inform the supervisors of any problems or issues related to the daily work and make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator or Chief of Mission.
- University Degree in Psychology, with minimum 5 (five) years of professional
- At least five years of direct work experience as psychologist or psychotherapist and/or as social worker in settings with vulnerable migrants, victims of violence, victims of trafficking, separated
- Experience in working in multicultural environment will be an asset.
Good level of English and local language (written and spoken) is required.
Method of application:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and Cover Letter to IOMPristina@iom.int by 16 July 2020 midnight at the latest, referring to CFCV-2020/0702-C in the subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.07.2020 to 16.07.2020.