Date advertised: 24 Dec 2020
Closing date: 8 Jan 2021 - 23:59 CET
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract
The role: Project Manager
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in International Development, Social studies, programme/project management or any relevant area of study to support knowledge in programme/project management;
- 3-7 years’ experience in related field with progressively responsible experience of both programmes and personnel in an NGO environment, preferably in running both emergency and development programs, preferred in social service reform;
- Strong writing skills and ability to write quality donor reports, updates and success stories;
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from institutional donors;
- Demonstrated capability in leading and managing large cross cultural teams including diverse sector specialists;
- Experience of policy and advocacy and ability to represent the Country Office to influential policy makers, other agencies, donors and the media;
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills, creative approach to problem solving;
- Experience of liaising with donors, partners and other agencies, contractors, suppliers and government officials;
- Previous experience managing and/or implementing EU - International Cooperation and Development (European Commission) -funded programmes;
- Exemplary level of spoken and written English. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements;
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children rights and social services.
Contract length: until 31.12.2021 (with possibility of extension)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please view full profile and apply below until January 8th, 2021 by attaching a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.